1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married with kids, not sure my orientation, dont want to ruin any lives

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by abletolive, Dec 4, 2013.

1. abletolive

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've always been gay to some degree. I just Dont know what to do about it any more. I am married to a gorgeous wife that would do anything for me. We have to amazing kids. We are the outwardly picturesqe family who has it together. I stay fit, I act like a gentleman and work hard. I like to think I'm a good father and husband.

I legitimently check women out, appearance wise, they do it for me. I have never looked at guys or been attracted to them, however, I have always imagined and fantisized during sex of being the woman. I have a lust for being a bottom and pleasing men. I only think of this in a sexual way though, and never had or have any wish to have a romantic relationship with men. As I said, I generally like being a man, I am physically attracted to women. Just not when it comes down to raw sex.

I have fantasies of being a woman but only when it comes to sex. I imagine dressing in lingerie and being a girl for my partner.

Really though, the weird thing is I want to lead a straight mans life. I love my family and want my family.

I never cheated ony wife until I found out she had an affair when our first son was just a baby. She had bad post natal depression, I dealt with the baby by working out a lot. After I found out, I almost left, but the thought of my baby being left to a broken home was beyond devastating to me, so I stayed and my wife apoligized and really turned herself around. We went to counseling, and even 3 years later she is devestated by her affair and has done everything she could to make it up to me. The problem is that when i decided to stay, i started going on craigslist to explore my gay side...it helped me heal from the affair and i had a twisted way of thinking I should be able to do that. I am very tech savvy and hiding these occasional encounters is easy. I have always used protection, and am very careful. The problem is i want it more and more now but i am torn on what i am doing to my family. In the last 3 years, I have had about 7 encounters.

I Dont know what to do, and not even sure what I'm asking.

Some days I want to just divorce and be a gay guy and have sex all the time.

But overwhelmingly I want my family and can't stand the thought of them being hurt. My wife is a fantastic woman, beautiful, and my kids deserve the best. I just love them so much.

I know I am closer to bisexual . I still enjoy sex with women, but I always fantisize men. I think this is so hard because I want both, but can't have both. It would be easy if I had no love for my wife and was 100% gay, maybe not easy but the choice more clear.

Please help. Advice? Comforting words? I am a nice guy, really easy going, but I am such a jerk for the things I hide from the ones that love me the most.

#1 abletolive, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. Adam1212

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi and welcome to EC. You do sound like a nice guy. A lot of us here have had similar feelings while married. For myself, I had to come to the acceptance that I was really gay, not even bi. You sound genuinely bi to me, however.

You said that you are not even sure what you are asking. It sounds a little like you are asking if it is OK for you to continue to be a husband and father, but still have your side encounters with guys every so often. Although I don't personally have experience with that situation, I do know what happens when you keep something important like your sexual orientation from your wife. In my case it went very badly when she found out. I don't really recommend going on for years like that. She almost certainly will find out one day and it will not be pretty.

Since your wife cheated on you, it's almost like you have a "get out of jail free" card. At a minimum, you might want to consider being honest with your wife about being bi and share some of your sexual fantasies with her. Of course, you know best as to whether she would be open to this or not, which could affect your decision. If you do decide to tell her about being bi, and depending how that goes, then maybe confess to the other sexual encounters. If she has anything negative to say... well, you were hurt over her infidelity and turned to others for yourself - they just happened to be guys because you are really bi.

Hiding all of this, however, is really going to eat at you for years and years, and will ultimately result in a messy confrontation years down the road. I hear what you are saying that you don't want to lose your family, and there are definite risks involved with coming out. But I can sense from your post that you realize that you need to do something. And I agree with that... you do need to do something or it will blow up in your face one day.

Hope I helped in some way. Know that you are not alone. There are plenty of us here on EC who were/are married who went through much the same thing. Take care.

3. abletolive

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks Adam. I actually did come out and tell her I was bi after her affair, but the look on her face was shock and she thought I was joking, so I told her instead that I had a fantasy for role reversal but am still straight...she has obliged these fantasies at times, but its not the same, and I Dont think she really enjoys it. I think she thinks it's more than just that.

Anyway, I tell myself that I have it so good. Many guys with these fantasies would kill to have a wife participate in role reversal. I told myself it would be good enough to satisfy my needs, but its not.

So I tell myself to deal with it...after all its not like I have the right to just fulfill any fantasy I want. I did still take an oath to marriage, and the problem is really only sexual in I Dont want to leave her to be with a man or anybody else.

Anyway, I just need to really find my willpower and knock it off.

4. unavailable

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Very similar situation here .... Still very attracted to my wife ... Although going through a split up .... But I also have cheated with both men and women .... She has been a great wife ... As far as I know ... We have kids and I'd like to stay as close to them as possible ... She knows about a woman I cheated with as well as a man I've cheated with .... I might be gay but romantically I think I'd still rather be with a woman ... But sexually I'd also like to please a man .... So I'm not really sure exactly where I sit ... But looks like I'll be single soon enough and have to figure it out .... She says I'll get to see the kids when I'm off work so that'll work out great .... I'm quite lucky to have met and married such a forgiving woman .... It's nice to see on here that I'm not the only one kind of messed up .... Been bothering me since I was a teen ...

5. abletolive

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's exactly it...I romantically wish to be with a woman, my wife, but sexually I want to please men.

I even check out women just like a completely straight guy...

I envy your situation to some degree, but I am desperate to be a family man, raise my kids and love my wife.

Its impossible to win. :icon_sad:

6. GayBiIdontknow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand completely. I am in a similiar situation. I have a wife that I love and would do anything for, and we have one precious daughter. I am romantically, emotionally, and sexually attracted to my wife. However, I have an intense and overwhelming desire to want to please/serve men. Unfortunately, last night I was caught in the act while my wife was out. She came home very early and there I was in all my glory with a dude on top and in me. She has known that I have been with men before. I always said I wouldn't do it anymore, but I still keep coming back to it. I don't necessarily want a relationship with a dude, I just want the sexual fulfillment. Needless to say, I have no idea what the next steps are. I'm at work for another 18 hours, I may have all my stuff packed up by the time I get home. I feel that I have let her and my daughter down.