1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lonelynerd0223, Dec 5, 2013.

1. lonelynerd0223

so my dad is super liberal and democratic, as is his side of the family. my mom's and stepdads family are very republican and went to chick-fil-a cuz of the whole gay thing.
    but a while ago i started developing feelings for girls.
    It wouldn't be too bad if i only liked girls, but i like boys a lot too. and this is very embarrassing for me to admit but i am very afraid that i will never want to do it with a guy, but will still want to do it with a girl.
    every single person in my family except for my sister is opposed to bisexuality a lot, and think that its only for trashy people who will mess around with anybody.
    im a really religious person, but ive been afraid to go to church lately because of the old testament in the bible, condemning gays and stuff. im so afraid that even god wont accept me for who i am.
    my parents do not suspect anything and i dont think that they ever will or at least for a while. but i dont know what they would feel about me if i ever told them.
    everything is so messed up and i just dont know what to do or to feel anymore

2. 123d

Hey :slight_smile: I'm in the same boat with the religion thing. However, the old testament also says that you should be killed for wearing two different types of material at the same time. The Old Testament was written over 2000 years ago... I personally don't think that God hates gays. In fact, look up Archbishop Desmond Tutu. He is a real inspiration :slight_smile:
    Don't start coming out now, wait until you're comfortable with it yourself. People hate things they don't understand, so maybe explain to them what bisexuality really is and tell them your views. Be careful though. Find a close friend who you know will accept you and confide in them. It can really help. And feel free to message me with any other questions :slight_smile:

3. Envira

I agree with this so much! Wait until you're ready. You'll get things figured out in time too. And just because you're religious doesn't mean that you have to follow every "suggestion" in the book. You can be gay and still follow the religion and the teachings.

Come out to friends first, and explain your situation to them. You'll find help. Trust me. It'll get better.