1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Before I make any big decisions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by decadus, Dec 6, 2013.

1. decadus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would greatly appreciate someones help with this. So I really want to tell my older brother and good friend that i'm bisexual today. I don't think it should be a big deal but I guess i'm a bit worried. I wanna do this the least painful way possible.

Would it be okay if I lied and said that i kissed a guy today? so that it would seem like I only today realized I liked guys, I feel like if I did that then it would make it less random that I'm telling people. Also I feel as if people would be more understanding and ask less questions like "how do you know your bi" and "when did you know".

I think I might send my brother a text first because he lives far away, and again I want to try and make it like its not a big deal.

If anyone knows of better way to tell people let me know

2. agelos

Out Status:
    Some people
    if your brother lives far away the idea with the text should be considere.
    you're not making it a big deal. your sexual orientation is a part of your personality so ppl you care about deserve to know. just try to refer to your experiencesd that made you understand yourself you're bi, it will give the whole thing a convincing character, so he 'll understand you're serius and you know what you're talking about

3. sysreq

you shouldn't need to legitimize it for other people family or not

otherwise that sounds pretty solid to me