1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to come out to friends?!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by phoebe, Dec 7, 2013.

1. phoebe

well on Friday it is the last day of school for the year; now next year most of my class will be going to different schools (end of a year 6,7 and 8 school) so i want my friends (who are going to the same school next year) to know i am bisexual (4.5 on the kinsey scale). now they have gathered that i am a lesbian because i (somehow) meet the stereotypes. i am wearing skinny jeans and a shirt and tie to my graduation while the rest will wear dresses. so apparently a dead give away.
    BACK TO THE TOPIC
    i have no idea how to tell them!
    i mean it's pretty obvious i like girls because i am one of those girls you see and immediately assume is a lesbian (i have a GREAT gayder) so that isn't the hard part. the hard part is getting the words out of my mouth!
    :bang::bang::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:
    so whats your coming out stories and help! thanks!

2. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    easy; i just told my friends gradually untill i had the confidence to be more open. i told my bestfriends first. :wink:

---------- Post added 7th Dec 2013 at 11:39 AM ----------

i am trying to get over my crush never going to fancy me(cus shes a straight girl and has boys falling at her feet. shes my best friend) i have told her that im bi. only 4 of my friends know so far.

3. Silver Sparrow

Write a letter and give it to your friends.

4. grapemate

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    im like you but im different because im a ftm and im bisexual 3 of my friends think im a lesbian and one told someone else and he told his friend.so I've only came out probably to one of my friends and my mum,dad,stepdad,nan just be confident.(*hug*)

---------- Post added 8th Dec 2013 at 04:55 AM ----------

same here

---------- Post added 8th Dec 2013 at 04:55 AM ----------

but im trans

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can do a Facebook reveal, with a cover photo that includes a rainbow flag, "Interested in Women" description, and a liberal number of "likes" of gay organizations and Facebook pages. If that doesn't do the job, then they are clueless. Gossip should spread the word around quickly after Facebook sends out the "so & so changed their cover photo" message to all your friends' feeds.

6. phoebe

i have liked tonnes of gay pride stuff on Facebook but they won't believe the fact i am not a lesbian!!! i have gone out with one guy because he was gay an he is the only one that knows i am bi so we could go under the radar. however they still think i am a lesbian. the whole class thinks it now as wells.

7. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People have a tendency to label bi men as gay, and bi women as lesbians, focussing on the "not normal" part of their sexuality rather than the conventional part. You could put likes men and likes women on Facebook, and some people still won't "get it". You will probably have to tell them explicitly and hope they aren't to numb to listen to you.