1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homophobia and cultural studies

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by phoebe, Dec 7, 2013.

1. phoebe

i have cultural studies tomorrow and we are studying Christianity.
    WHEN STRING THEORY IS PROVEN TO BE THE CREATOR OF LIFE I CAN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVE TO YOU THAT GOD DOES NOT EXIST! however that is not my point. i do not wasn't to crush peoples beliefs. every week they say about how homosexuals are bad and against nature. well tomorrow i will say this: that is YOUR view of homosexual's. homosexuality is found in over 450 species around the world, homophobia in one. this law that you are not allowed to marry the same sex is ridiculous. it is based on the bible which can be placed in the fiction section. (i mean Santa Claus books are?). is it against the law to lie? to not believe in God? NO. SO WHY IS IT ILLEGAL IN SOME PARTS OF WORLD TO MARRY THE SAME SEX? WHY IS IT FROWNED UPON? i mean some kids in this class are part of the LGBT+ community here pushing them deeper and deeper into the 6ft bunker. some kids experience so much homophobic bullying the commit suicide. and you have the guts to stand their and speak to me like that?! you are brainwashing these innocent kids to believe homosexuality is wrong. it is not wrong! OH YEAH I AM 4.5 ON THE KINSEY SCALE! :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:frowning2:&&&)(!)(!):smilewave:eusa_danc:***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***:

2. apostrophied

Umm, jsyk, the Bible doesn't say much at all about homosexuality. Instead of bashing the Bible, you'd be better off analyzing the passages that people think refer to homosexuality and show them how they actually don't. I also strongly recommend you do not mention placing the Bible in the fiction section. Last time they tried, it didn't go over very well. =\ Basically, try to be respectful and you will be listened to. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

3. Skov

Even if that is what you believe to be 100% true, you should go about it a different way. Belittling other's beliefs won't make them more supportive. In fact, quite the opposite is usually the result of that. I'm not saying that you should accept homophobia because I will never respect those homophobic views, but if you go in with fire, you'll probably just crash and burn if that makes sense.

#3 Skov, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As much fun as it would be to gleefully say exactly what I think of the Bible, I think this is the better way to go.

For example if someone brings up the story of Sodom being a reason why homosexuality is forbidden then you respond with this -

That's what Ezekiel had to say on the matter (Ezekiel 16:49-50). In other words Sodom was destroyed because of a lack of charity and social injustice, something Jesus also made reference to. Another crime was the inhabitants wanted to rape angels (who are asexual according to religion) who'd come to retrieve Lot. As far as I'm aware no holy person actually states in the Bible that Sodom was destroyed because everyone was having fun with gay sex.

5. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    from the very little that i have read of the bible it is against homos. qoute on qoute; "neither homosexuals or other undesierables shall inherit the kingdom of god" this is horrible when god is also supposed to love everyone.

6. sysreq

That was a wtf-is-this-shit-homophobia rant. That's okay.

The bible bashing, while I'm an atheist, is admittedly out of line. (By that much)

I completely understand where you come from, I do.

I'm here to talk if you like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. prettylonely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i dont like the bash on anyone or anything. it's like going on here to bash athiests. please we have enough issues to deal with and dont need random rant bashings.