1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend wants to kill herself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HM03, Dec 7, 2013.

1. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Minutes ago my friend mssg me on fb . She said "io think i'm about to kill myself. don't tell anyone". I got her to just keep talking. I'm 99% sure this isn't a joke. My mom's sleep what do i do? freaking out!

2. apostrophied

Call 911 RIGHT AWAY. Go get your phone and call. PLEASE DON'T SIT THERE AND DO NOTHING.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I freaked out. I woke my mom up. She phoned a help line-who said to phone her parents. Long story short- her parents now know and are appreciative we phoned. Still feel like a traitor, but I'd deal.

4. apostrophied

I'm sure they must be! You aren't a traitor, she'll thank you one day!

Congrats to your mom for stepping in and doing the right thing. I hope the girl's parents will do the right thing, too, and get her the help she needs.

5. Nick07

well, that depends how the others will treat her, doesn't it? Because the call isn't a happy ending, it's the beginning of the long journey for all the people who are involved.

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because the call isn't a happy ending, it's the beginning of the long journey for all the people who are involved.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Atleast the journey is beginning.

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

7. Nick07

Agreed. Atleast the journey is beginning.

Thanks guys :slight_smile:[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile: A nice way to put it. I have been on this "new journey" for about two years, it's sort of hard to find the exact beginning. Because for me, it never felt like a complete beginning. It has been like a prolonging of the life I lived before. And it's always there - was it worth it? Was not? And the thought of that "plan B" is always in the back of my mind as a legit option, even though I am not depressed anymore. Or not right now. I came so close that I am not afraid of that option as much as I used to be.

What I am trying to say is, everyone will give her the attention now. Either good or bad. But after several days or weeks it will become old news. With her, those thoughts will stay for long time. Try to be there for her even if she doesn't ask you to. Ask how she is, talk about the things you like about her or about the things she did and you liked.

Show her that she is important and there is someone who cares about her and whose life she makes better and happier.

(*hug*)