1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progress

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by decadus, Dec 10, 2013.

1. decadus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So thanks to this site and all the nice people:lol: who've helped me. I told my brother that I kissed a guy via text. Id been holding onto this information for like a year without telling anyone. Two weeks on here and I've already told two people he seemed okay with it and changed the subject quickly like it was no big deal.

then he calls me at 2 A.m. while im sleeping and leaves a text saying I dropped a "dramatic bomb on him and we need to talk", called him twice today with no answer.I thought id feel better after telling him but now I feel the same as when I do something really embarrassing.

I might tell my friend tomorrow as well, but there is a very good chance he will tell most people I know. That might make things easier but I just dont know if im ready to get in any fights quite yet.

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't need to get into any fights with the kind of assholes who would want to fight with you because they found out you were gay via the gossip grapevine. It is really none of their business after all. Ask your friend to keep it to himself, for now, if you decide to tell him; you will find out if he is trustworthy by his actions.

Text your brother that you are ready to talk to him when he is and leave the next move up to him, so that he has the time to think about what you told him and accept it in his own timeframe. He will probably be OK with it, since he has known you all your life. Nothing has really changed about you, only what he knows about you. He should appreciate that you have trusted him. There is nothing to be embarrassed about, it only feels that way because you are concerned that other people should sit in judgement of you; don't give them the power to do that to you by being concerned about what they think.