1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell her.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WiliamRoberts, Dec 10, 2013.

1. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the past I've felt a little jealous of people who were already out of the closet; they'd allowed themselves a lot of freedom by doing something I felt unable to do. When I think about the lack of freedom I have I realise just how thin the barrier between me and it is. as I have no worries about being discriminated against, the only thing between where I am there and where I could be there are a few words.

This isn't the first time I've thought about telling one of my friends, but I set up a rule where I can't say it in the heat of the moment - I have to want to say it for 24 hours before I can consider it. It's been 24 hours and I still sort of want to.

The girl I chose is one I'm close with, has already had LGBT friends, and isn't one for gossip. I don't think too much could go wrong.

My main question is: should I tell her? I'm very scared, but also anxious to tell someone. Is it better to listen to the fear to avoid something going wrong, or ignoring the fear so I can move on?

Thanks for reading :icon_wink

2. Kreiger

If she'll accept you for who you are, go for it! It really helps to be able to talk to friends about this kind of stuff.

3. UG Scorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Go for it bud they love you before and they will love you afterwards as well

4. yep

yep

Totally go for it! For me, that's always the key: if they have other LGBT friends. If they do, you know they'll be accepting and love/support you!

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

You are the only person who can answer that question definitively, but I think you already know what the answer is or you wouldn't be here.

6. phoebe

if she will accept you then do it!