1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops, I Did It Again...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by musicgirl18, Dec 10, 2013.

1. musicgirl18

Well, as the title says, I did it again! (Though the oops wasn't necessary, it just sounded cooler) I came out to another friend, who, ironically, is still not the friend I said I was going to come out to first. XD Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to be with her, and she doesn't have her own phone, because she got grounded for a year. :frowning2: Anyway, my second friend is much more religious than my first, and I was majorly nervous, even over text. I think it actually turned out really funny.

I started out asking what she thought about homosexuality, and how she would feel/react if one of her friends came out. She basically said the same thing that my other friend said, that she would still love them, and even though she personally doesn't agree with it, she would never say anything against them. And then she asked why, did I have any homo (sorry guys) friends, and I said yeah, two. I told her about the first one, who just turned fifty, so it'd be a little weird to talk to him about all this. :grin:

Anyway, She asked about the second, and I said I didn't feel comfortable talking about them yet. I asked her if she had any homo friends and she said no. I said well, you might, they could be hiding right under your nose, and to emphasize it, I took a picture with me pointing to my nose. Then she said, that she knows she's blond but she wants to know if I'm getting at what she thinks I'm getting at. And then, I asked her what she thought I was getting at, and she said, she thinks I'm trying to tell her that I'm gay. (I actually hadn't gotten this yet, and so I was going on about how most look completely normal, and you can't tell, and how some are girls, and some like both girls and guys) And then she asked me which I liked, and I told her, I like girls. And she said: .... wait for it.... she said...

OKAY! Haha, sh said okay. :grin: I'm so happy she accepted me. She also wants me to tell my parents, which I will, eventually. I think my dad sort of is already realizing it. Because he never asks me about boys, and everything else that everyone else asks me about. XD

So, yes, that was my very long, probably boring story. But I feel awesome!

2. Aed09

That's awesome! Isn't it lovely to have friends who love you no matter what?! I've only told two of my best friends, but it was the best decision of my life. It made me feel so much more confident about the whole thing. So hang in there and when the time is right, tell your other friend. It's an amazing feeling! Best of luck to you! :slight_smile:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "probably boring story"

There's nothing boring about hearing someone's personal achievement! Well done!!

4. musicgirl18

Thank you for your support guys! I seriously would not have been brave enough to do it without you. @Aed09 You're right! It feels so good, and it makes me want to tell more people! :grin: