1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So close!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WearyWanderer, Dec 11, 2013.

1. WearyWanderer

I was literally THIS close to telling my mom in the car. I was coming back from this community service thing where I met a guy that was really cute. We didn't talk much but I was fairly certain he was gay. He had two moms that were with him, so I wouldn't really have been able to make a move anyway, but that's ok. I told mom only that I met this nice family with two lesbian parents, and she said that that was cool. I know she's always been supportive of the gay community a lot, so I thought that that would be a good starting point for me to admit that I'm bi.
    But...I chickened out. I was too nervous, and even when there was a silence in the car I didn't say anything, and she moved on to different subjects. I blew it. And the thing that gets me is that I am almost 100% positive that she'd be supportive. She told me in the past if I was gay she'd still love me just the same. I love my mom, and I think she should be the first to know. I know I should just tell her, but I honestly have no clue how to start. I'm so scared and nervous. Advice/support please? :frowning2:

2. Nick07

:slight_smile: you will do it some other time. Besides, a car is probably not a good place anyway. I mean, how could she give you a hug afterwards? :slight_smile:

3. WearyWanderer

Haha yeah I guess that's true. :slight_smile:

4. Adam1212

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it's perfectly natural to have some fears actually saying the words. I guess maybe it's a kind of a - once the cat is out of the bag, you can't stuff it back in - sort of thing. We are just fearful that it will change the relationships that we have with people, even if we know they will be OK. Hell, the first person I ever came out to was a friend of mine who I already knew was gay. And I was still nervous telling him. Does that make any sense? No, none at all. But that's just the way it is.

You'll find the right time. And when you do, it will be fine. It sounds like you have a great mom.

5. musicgirl18

I think you can do it, and I think it's really awesome that your mom is supportive of the LGBTQ community. :slight_smile: You'll do it when the time is right.