1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I Keep Stalling to Come Out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FreeFlow9917, Dec 11, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

So. i've been wanting to come out to my parents, but i'm scared because of the reactions they'll have and further perceptions of me and I just can't do it. It hurts to think about it and i get emotional because i talked to my mom earlier this year and i couldn't talk to her and she wanted grandkids (This is during bi-curious phase before i realized i was gay) She really hasn't talked about it since but leaving hints to let people be who they are, but because of the first confrontation i can't really to talk to her about it. My dad and my step- dad have no idea and i can't really connect to them in what so way, and i'm scared of what will happen when i come out to them and it just leads me to not do it and i really don't have a lot of people to talk to (besides you peeps) and i just shut down. What do i do?

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2013 at 09:57 PM ----------

Revision: When i told her of my bicurious tendencies she reacted really weird and she said she wanted grandkids.

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you do? Keep talking to us until you are ready to talk to them; it will probably get you ready to talk to them sooner, as you hear about other people who have done so without major consequences. Meanwhile, you also have your friends you have come out to whom you can be relaxed around.

You might also want to do some reading up about gay couples adopting or having children by using a surrogate, so you can assure your mother that it will be possible for you to give her grandchildren when you finally have that discussion.