1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys a little problem with coming out :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Anonymous10, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Anonymous10

Anonymous10 Guest

Hey guys. So, I know who I am and that I'm gay, but my problem with coming out is that, I'm very young. What makes this a problem is that anybody you tell says "oh it's just a phase" or "it's just your hormones talking". But anyway I know that I am gay and that its not just hormones. So, should I wait a few years to come out or is there any way I can completely seriously come out and be taken seriously?:help:

2. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, first of all, I want to congratulate you on your grammar. You give me hope for future generations.

Now, the actual topic; this is a really difficult question as it is different for everyone. If you feel you need to come out to feel free, then it might be best for you to go for it. A lot of it also hinges on your parents. Do you know how they are towards LGBT folk? If they have any strong opinions against gay people, then it might be best to wait until you're no longer reliant on them as I have heard horror stories (including ones from thiose on this site) of parents using their children's reliance on them to control them. I don't want to scare you or anything, but it's something you need to be very careful about. As I said, the issue is difficult as everyone experiences it differently and everyone has different parents. Just remember to be careful and not to do anything rash.

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just go for it. Whats the harm?

People will get used to the idea of you being gay in time.

4. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh please.

You don't have to come out. Just wait until you find someone who you can trust.

#4 MrAllMonday, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to come out to someone, please choose someone open, whom you can trust; someone who's willing to listen and treat you with respect.

If you do come out and get the dismissive argument of "it's only your hormones", speak frankly and tell them how you feel, and tell them that your feelings aren't theirs to deny. Demand to be treated like a human being; with respect. If you feel it right to come out, just be honest and calm, and try to come out to someone who won't bully you into denying your sexuality.

If you have school counsellors, teachers, parents, friends, or siblings who are accepting and will listen to you, you should speak to them.

If you're not ready, or nobody is receptive, EC will always be here to help, and we're more than willing to listen and advise you when you need it. :slight_smile:

6. Anonymous10

Anonymous10 Guest

Thanks all of you. I told my mother and she was quiet for a second... And then said: "I know." And left xD

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *sends virtual hugs*

That's great! :icon_bigg How do you feel?

8. Kellyve

Wow dude that's so brave! I hope your family is ok with it

9. leer

am glad that your mum is supportive of you as for telling others you tell them when you feel your ready to tell them . welcome to EC :slight_smile:

10. elwood123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well done on telling your mother! I wish mine was that easy about it but anyway are you planning on telling anyone else :slight_smile:

11. phoebe

Perants might put it on hormones (my mum put depression on hormones) however you must stand up for yourself and say "no I really am gay" don't come out until you are ready though