1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O God

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Willywilly92, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

i am freakin out! i was talkin to a friend last niught and he convinced me to tell someone i was gay and now i am. im goin to tell my sister and shes comin over in a few hours cuz i told her i wanted to talk. i really dont even know how the hell im gonna do this, it makes me want to drink a lot of alcohol. im just really nervous and i do stupid things when im nervous. ive also been tryin to think of a back up subject to talk about if i get scared but i cant thnk of one under pressure, someone help me!!!:bang:

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Do you want to tell someone, or was just because your friend told you to? Sometimes when we're still scared of the idea of coming out it may not be the time. I know you're anxious to tell everyone, I was too, but waiting a little more may be more benefitial for you. Please do not turn back to alcohol, it will make more damage.

Coming out should only be done when you feel ready. Do you feel ready to tell your sister?

All I can advice you is to waqit a little more. Good luck!

3. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

i do want to tell someone and i have been meaning to but i just get really scared. my sister has like twenty gay friends but its different when its ur little brother. and ive never be dependant on alcohol i jus drink when im freakin out, like now. this is really scary.

4. Grof142007

you shoudlnt drink at all and ur 15 come on try finding something different to help you maybe music? it just breaks my hear hearing that

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Try not to drink any alcohol. Take a deep breath and try to remain calm as much as possible. If you are not ready to come out to your sister...don't. Come out to your sister only when you are ready and it is on your terms!

There must be a subject that you talk to to your sister about from time to time. Try to form a conversation along the lines of that subject. Alternatively you could just tell her that you 'just' wanted to talk and see her.

If you decide to come out to her, again take a deep breath, start with the reason why you want to come out to her and take it from there. You could say: "There is something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time. I have thought about it and I have waited to tell you to make sure that this is the way I really feel. Please don't tell anyone else until I'm ready to tell it but I wanted you to be the first one in the family to know because I love you as my sister. I want you to know the real me (if you haven't come out to anyone else). You might suspect something already...."

But again, do it only if you are ready. Don't do it just because your friend 'dared' you to it.

I'm not sure if this is any help, but I do hope that it helps you a little. Good Luck!

#5 Mirko, Jun 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My main thing is this - people respond the way you approach them. If you say it like "OMFG! I have this HUGE secret to tell you", then she's going to treat it like it's some big horrible secret. If you say it like "Here's something I think you should know", then she'll treat it like a positive thing between you two.

Lex

7. Louise

If your sister already has loads of gay friends she will take your news positively. Being gay is not the end of the world, you make it sound as if she will be devastated for you. She will most likely be proud of you for accepting who you are and honoured that you chose to tell her.

Calm down, it's going to be all right. Try to do some deep breathing excersizes, while you concerntrate on your breathing you won't be worrying about your sister. Take deep breaths in through your nose and then blow out the air gently through your mouth. Make the breaths as deep as possible using your abdominal muscle to suck in the air and to blow it out.

I promise you it does work and you will feel calmer and more ready to tell your sister in a calm positive way like Lex said.

Good luck

8. Jebs

I agree with the 4 previous posters. One thing you shouldn't do is feel pressured into coming to anyone. I don't know just in my opinion. I'm not out so I can't really advise too much. Good luck though, I'm sure everything is going to be fine. Oh, and don't drink to get the 'courage'. Drinking is something for fun, not something to juggle inner turmoil with.