1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mum thins i am a lesbain

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by phoebe, Dec 14, 2013.

1. phoebe

[SIZE="4"]i think my parents might think i have some lesbianism in me.
    i am only 13 (i know that is quite young to know your sexuality but i have known since i was 11) i never talk about boys (which is unusual for my age you know hormones BOYS) and my mum believes the lesbians are the girls in the flannel shirts with the beanies and tight black skinny jeans. that is my outfit everyday (my shirt changes color though) my mum always buys my rainbow stuff. and she has been kinder to the LBGT community in the past few weeks. we have a rule in our family that i am not allowed to sleep at a boys house (because you..know) well she has let me sleep at 3 boys houses in the past 3 weeks (we are allow to host/ go to one every week) but she hasn't let me go sleep over at any girls houses! and she (and a lot of my other family) have been asking why i don't have many girl friends and have tonnes of guy friends.
    this is also what she said
    Phoebe? why don't you have any friends that are girls?
    ME: i do a and B
    and how many guy friends do you have?
    ME: we i have T,P,J, Ja, JAC, K, L, T,B,BI,BR, etc
    Yeah i get it lots,
    Me: why>
    well honey girls with girl friends tend to go for guys and girls with guy friends tend to go for girls you know lesbian
    ME: MUM!
    i think she thinks that i am lesbian
    i am only 13 and i don't want to com out yet maybe when i am 15/16 but not now!
    thanks in advance[/SIZE]

#1 phoebe, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. Commenza

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Phoebe,

I understand that you don't want to come out yet, being 13 and all. I bet it makes you feel uncomfortable when your parents hint at you being lesbian. It's a hard situation you're in.

Well, one thing you could do (if you feel comfortable) is that when your parents talk about it again, you could tell them that you need time to figure things out. Tell them that it makes you feel awkward when they say that you might be lesbian and that it's non of their business. If you don't want to tell them personally, you could write a letter or a mail.

I think what's important for you right now is that they stop judging you. I mean, you're only 13 and probably have a lot to deal with right now. Parents who go on and on about your sexuality won't help. (That's my feeling, at least.) You should make them clear that, for the time being, you don't want them to talk about it and that they're in no position to tell you who or what you are.

Anyway, I hope things will get better between you and your parents.

3. phoebe

my family lie is not to great. half of my family is in England (we emigrated to Australia last year) and i have no relationship with any of them what so ever. i am moving out at 17 (when i have finished my education) or when i am not financially dependent on them. if my relationship with them improves i might come out.
    thanks for your help