1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kanaya Lalonde, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Okay so here is a little background info: I am a girl and I am 15, my first crush was about a year ago on a dude, but since then I have had 2 other crushes, one being a dude the other was a girl (still crushing on). I have pretty much come to terms that yeah obviously i'm bisexual, and I would be really okay with that, but almost everyone I know would as they say "flip the [poop]".

I have a very awesome best friend who I know would support me, and I have considered telling her what I have been thinking but if this is just a phase that could be a little awkward. Also, my parents, mainly my mom is the most anti-everything (I'm not sure what my dad thinks, hes pretty quiet about his beliefs) and i know for a fact that one of my sisters are cool. So even though I may be Bi, I think the best choice is for me to just hide it and just keep any girl crushes in the friend area.

What do you guys think? I just know that if this is who I am, for the long run, I still wouldn't have to guts to fess up to my parents, mainly my mom (but don't get me wrong shes awesome and a great mother, shes just very religious and stuff)

2. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello Kanaya, don't worry I was in the exact same position as you. I solved the matter by gaining those who would except me for who I am. My parents not so much. Your friend you mention may be the most important person here. If she is supportive of you then tell her. If she is accepting she will be there for you when you confront your parents. Please ask any questions you have and I will do the best I can to answer

Beat of luck
    -Dex

3. phoebe

Tell those who you trust and will support you the most. I did and it was amazing. i am not telling my mum until i move out so then i wont have to worry about her reaction so i suggest you do the same.

if your friend is accepting and supporting she will be the best thing you have in your life and i mean it.

4. Chlo98

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Tell those you know will support you as it will make it easier for coming out to everyone else! Don't feel you have to, only do it when you feel conftable! Good luck :slight_smile:

5. girlonfire

You should tell your best friend you're questioning, you think you're bi. That way nothing is set in stone :slight_smile:

Hope everything goes well for you!

6. Thank you guys so much!! I told my best friend and she was really awesome about it! And I definitely feel a lot better. And yeah, I think I'll wait a while before even considering telling family.