1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All friends at once

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LongMayIReign, Dec 15, 2013.

1. LongMayIReign

So I really want to come out to my four closest school friends before Christmas break and I'm planning to give them letters with their presents because we do a mini gift swap every year. I just was wondering if any of you have come out to multiple friends at once and how it went over? (My friends are super pro equality and all, I'm just wondering because I've only ever done one at a time.)

2. thisisawug

Personally, I haven't tried coming out to a large group either, but I think if they're all very liberal-minded then go for it!

But one thing you should think about is when they will open the letters. Will they open them straight away, while you're standing there? Because if they do you might want to work out how you're going to react. Or will they wait until Christmas Day? Because that might feel a bit awkward as you might not see them for a while after they read the letter.

But that's just something to think about. You know your friends, and if you think they'll be accepting then I would say go for it. It sounds like a really sweet way of coming out :slight_smile:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out as trans to the whole choir a few months ago and they all took it really well. Most of them took time as they were leaving to come wish me well and things. Groups with lots of people who are open minded and pro-equality are always good 'cause they can talk the few who aren't sure round!

4. LongMayIReign

We're doing the gift swap either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday and the last day is Friday so I'll be able to see them for at least one day. I'm planning on letting them open their presents at that moment and ask them to read the letter at home (I did the same thing with one of my friends last month before she moved so hopefully they'll follow suit.) Having them read it right there and then probably would end in an apocalypse because my sisters locker is ten feet from mine and she is oblivious still XD

5. Rainbow Girl

Well, last year I had a group of three really close friends at school. I told my best friend when she sleepover at my house and she was the first person I told. I wasn't ready for anyone else to know for a long time but I told the other to girls at once at lunch day. I found it worked well.

6. LongMayIReign

Just confirmed the gift swap to be Tuesday. Phssst I totally don't feel like puking right now ... Tomorrow's going to be a long day.

7. LongMayIReign

I've given three of them the letters (fourth was out sick). One response thus far. She texted me and said it changes nothing and that she'll always be there and I'm her "bestiest" friend :grin:

8. KayTmayy

Out Status:
    A few people
    i think its a really sweet idea, i really hope it goes well ^.^

9. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations; one down, three to go. :thumbsup:

10. Kin

Kin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Awh, it's so nice of your friend to react in such a heart warming way! I'm sure your other friends will be just as positive! ^_^

11. Silver Sparrow

YAY! YOu did it!

12. LongMayIReign

I gave the fourth her letter today and she just texted me equating me to Troye Sivan on levels of perfection. So that's good.

I have no idea if the other two ever read theirs ... How should I bring it up? I want to know if they did but I get it if they need time to process everything but I still want to know that they did.