1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to him properly

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Dec 16, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I just met this guy. We have a lot in common and we get along great. He wants to be more than friends, but I'm not attracted to him right now. I didn't explicitly mention my sexuality because I'm still questioning.
    I explained to him that "I'm not that into guys." After I told him that he said that I could experiment on him. I couldn't make myself kiss him. Should I try to come out to him?

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Straight guys get turned down all the time when the girl is not "into" them. That you don't want to take your relationship into sexual territory is all that he really needs to know. There is no reason to "come out" to him unless you want him to back off and only think of you as a "friend" with no substantial prospects for becoming a lover. Unless you WANT to "experiment on him" (but it sounds like you don't).

3. TheIdler

TheIdler Guest

You shouldn't feel obligated. If you know that you're just not attracted to him just let him know that, and be clear about it. That doesn't mean you have to reveal more than what you may be comfortable sharing at this point. If he's half decent and cares about a a genuine friendship that might be developing he will back off (in that regard). If not, then at least you'll know where you stand and be able to make a decision about the friendship. The best of luck, I hope he understands and you are able to keep the relationship going, as friends.