1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to tell my Best friend but how?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kanaya Lalonde, Dec 16, 2013.

1. I'm just having all these problems right now, am I Bi? am I just having a hormonal thing and this is just temporary? Will I ever have the guts to come out? stuff like that.

I really just want to tell my Best friend and thats it, no one else, and keep it that way, then I won't have to deal with telling my parents or anyone. She's the only person I know who I can trust enough to tell, and will actually accept it... I hope. I'm just scared things will be different

Idk I get nervous about everything so I'm probably just overreacting, can ya'll give me some advice

2. clevername96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In my experience, coming out to my best friend was the best choice I made. If you are as close to your friend as I am to mind, everything will work out perfectly. I remember thinking the same thing, I didn't want them to think differently or our relationship change or become awkward because they knew, but instead I found someone to go to when I needed to talk, he became the one person I could go to who really understood me.

This could be good for you as well because you sound unsure of yourself on whether or not you are bi anyways. I was unsure when I went to my friend as well, he helped me to sort out my thoughts and come to terms with who I was.

I would highly suggested opening up to your friend, as it helps so much to have at least one person to go to, you shouldn't have to deal with these feelings alone.

3. ninerw

I agree with clevername96. My best friend was the first person I came out to. I had to do through email because we were in two different states at Thanksgiving. But he totally responded in a way that surprised me and brought tears to my eyes.

The best thing I got out of this was someone who I know personally knowing my story. Because he knows, I can breathe. Because he supports me, I can focus on coming out to my family. You'll never know until you tell them!

4. girlonfire

Just say you're not sure if you're bi or not. If you change your mind it's not like you have to reverse the whole world's perspective of you.