1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SamAlex728, Jun 20, 2008.

1. SamAlex728

I may come out to dad sometime soon. Any suggestions for when/if I do? I'm really tired now; I'll post more details later.

2. Louise

Well your mum would probably be the best person to advise you on how and when to tell your dad, she does know him better than anyone else after all.

If you really feel that you are ready for this, either write him a letter and give it to him or leave it for him to read while you are at school or otherwise sit down and have a chat with him when there is just the two of you and no interuptions.

Good luck.

3. MeskElil

*sigh* Louise, you always steal my advice! :lol:

Yes, I say ask your mom. She will be the best one for advice. If you need to, stick your to in to test the water--i.e. see if he would be okay with it. If they're something on the news about gays or gay marriages, scope out to see what he's thinking. Even just ask him directly, "Hey, Dad, what's your stand on gay marriage?"
    And then tell him. I say talk to him, one on one. With a dad (when your mom knows) it's probably better to just talk to him instead of writing a letter, which is sort of impersonal. But that's just my vote.

Good luck, goincrazy! *formally* Godspeed!

4. SamAlex728

ive been testing him a bit....be back with results