1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling everyone???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by knysna, Dec 17, 2013.

1. knysna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey guys

So I've known I was gay since I was 17, I'm 20 now. I came out to my parents and my sister 2 years ago, they weren't really angry or anything but it's kinda brushed under the rug and my mum's still asking me when I'm going to get a boyfriend :bang: Whenever one of my friends or extended family asks me if I have a boyfriend yet I just say something really smart like "Urmm not at the moment". I just find it really hard to tell people, I want to but it's like the words get stuck. I went to a house party last week and lots of the people there were gay and with their boyfriends or girlfriends. They just didn't care what people thought and looked happy as they were. I wish I could be like that but I can't get over the feeling something really awful's gonna happen if I try coming out to everyone I know. The few people who have found out are really surprised and say "You don't look like a lesbian".

Anyone ever felt like this? How'd you get past the fear? Thanks :slight_smile:

2. william123

I feel like that all the time, and unfortunately I don't have any easy antidote to get past that feeling.

When I came out I did it over a social networking site. I simply stated it openly and a lot of people commented and offered their support. Then I took the post down afterwards cause I got too scared and was still kinda questioning back then.

Since then another guy, who I find really cool and everything, did the same thing. He wrote out a long drawn-out message about his sexuality and coming out. It seems like nothing's changed for him, he's still the same awesome social guy. He did it while having a boyfriend mind-you, which probably makes it a bit easier.

Just some thoughts. I wish you the best of luck! Keep coming to EC!!

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You get past the fear by telling someone you trust to keep your secret, so there is nothing to fear.

4. lovely lesbian

I feel like that it is hard to people because some times you just don't know how they will react that is ahoying when you have come out to your mum and then she is asking when are getting a boyfriend is she in denial because I think that can happen sometimes but just say I don't like boys or something like that.