1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out and now im scared?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by unusedbeauty, Dec 19, 2013.

1. unusedbeauty

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so I've been questioning my sexuality as a straight female ever since summer. So I really realized that I wasn't straight when I got the biggest crush on this one girl at my school. And to me she is absolutely perfect. Anyway I've been hiding it from my mom and today I told her and at first she was like oh I knew you liked her but then she said that she was hurt and really sad that I liked this girl and how I've changed so much. She then called my dad,who already knew, and told him that she will not accept this and how disappointed she is in me. So now I feel all alone and wish that I just didn't say anything. Any advice on what I should do? Because I'm really nervous about coming home from school today because I'm not sure what's gonna happen. Thanks in advance xx

2. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Remind your mom that you are no different than you were before, she just knows something about you that she didn't before. Something that you felt she had to know. She should be glad you didn't keep her in the dark, but rather told her.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First I'd like to say I'm sorry your Mother had such a negative reaction, however this is her problem. You can't change your sexuality and it's unfair to ask you to hide it.

I you nervous about what your mother might say? I'd suggest prepare ahead of time.

"You've changed so much."

Yes, you have, it's called growing up.

She says she can't accept it but what other option does she have? Not accepting the issue won't make it go away.

Remind her that your sexuality doesn't define you either.

good luck

Run through in your head things she is likely to say and come up with answers to me.