1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kairos Speech

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by davo-man, Mar 17, 2007.

1. davo-man

Okay I've got this voluntary retreat thing coming up in a month called Kairos...dunno if some of you have heard of it...anyway, i'm going as one of the leaders and this means that i have to make a speech.

The speech that i have chosen to do is Ideals and Values and in it we have to say a couple of our goals....My majr goal is coming out to my parents on my 18th birthday this year and thats been my goal for at least 2 years...and the organiser of Kairos (who is majorly hot btw) has told us that we have to share personal stuff like what we shared when we went as retreatants and that includes coming out...the only problem is that it is in front of 24 people...one of whom is my archenemy, the guy who i have hated for 4 years and who i just simply cannot stand...but i feel like i would be lieing to them if i didnt say it...just wondering what u guys thought about that...

Also i was just wondering if any of you have gone on a Kairos retreat...if you havent i really recommend it if you can....the organiser was telling me that it actually originated in USA so im hoping that at least a couple of you will know what im talking about

Lastly with our speech, we have to choose two songs for before and after the speech that sorta represent us, and are medatative....My absolute all time favourite song of ever is Love Shack...do you think that song is too camp and lame to play on something so serious...and i think the other one will be Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson...what do u guys think

Thanx if you read this, cya later

2. nick79

Forget about your arch-enemy, speak to everybody else in the room. And you should definately play your favourite songs.
    Goodluck (*hug*)

3. citygal55

I've been on Kairos. Definitely give the speech you are planning on. If this guy has any shred of humanity, he should at least leave you alone. And with the tone of the retreat, HE would be the outcast for being an idiot to you. I can almost guarantee that everyone will support you, and this guy may even show a side of himself you aren't expecting.