1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just So Unsure!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JumpingInPuddle, Dec 22, 2013.

1. JumpingInPuddle

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, I don't know who I'm attracted to! That's my problem.
    Just as a side note I am in my mid teens lol.
    I have had a boyfriend, a couple years back, but I never felt that tingly feeling or anything, it was just kind of a thing everyone does when they're younger. And I've never had a crush on anyone, at least as far as I know. People say that when you have a crush on someone you'll know about it, but sometimes I wonder if I just missed the signs because I denied it to myself.
    There are some guys that I feel like I could talk to forever, and I do do things to get myself in situations with them, but that's how I am with girls, and it's not because I feel for them, I don't think. It's just because I like to talk to my friends, you know?

And when I look at shirtless pictures that my girl friends, or even my guy friends, are looking at, I can't really say I feel much different. I guess when I look at some girls I get a lump in my throat, but I think that's because I was pretty much brought up in a homophobic childhood and I am scolding myself for even considering a girl in that way.

And yeah, I know, I'm still young. That's what I keep telling myself, that I'm probably just too young to feel anything like that, but then I look at my girl friends who check guys out, and don't understand why I feel nothing, and I just wonder if I'm broken.

I don't really know what I'm asking, just I suppose, has anyone every felt anything like I do? Has anyone got any advice?
    Thanks in advance though!

#1 JumpingInPuddle, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you aren't attracted to anyone yet. Everyone doesn't mature at the same rate, or find people sexually attractive at an early age. There is no reason why you should feel that you are "broken" just because you don't find the same people your friends find attractive to them to be attractive to you. When you do start feeling an attraction to someone, you will probably know it right away; until then, don't worry about it; there is nothing wrong with you, you are just young, and there is nothing wrong with that.

#2 Yossarian, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  3. Liz

Liz

Yes, don't worry :slight_smile:. Each person has their own preferences, dislikes and not bothereds, and there is no standard of attractiveness that everyone must be drawn to.

Discovering your sexuality is obviously an important part of growing up, but it's not the only thing that matters. Try to get on with things, enjoy your life and let things happen if, as and when they do.

4. Silver Sparrow

People have crushes earlier and later. Don't worry about it! You are most certainly not broken. You might be asexual (I'm not saying you are or aren't), but you aren't broken.

5. asimpleguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As you said you are in mid teens. You need to calm down and let the attraction develop. There is no need to panic. You haven't met the right person yet. Some may develop attraction early, some later.