1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Wait?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alpha78, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    Im planning on coming out to my brother. He already knows that I am questioning my sexuality and told me that he accepts me no matter what I am so I'm not afraid to come out to him. However, I don't know if I'm too young to kno for sure what sexuality I am (teen years) I'm pretty confident that I am bisexual but I still am unsure if that would change in the future. Should I go ahead and come out or wait a little longer?

2. asimpleguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you don't have a need to tell and unless you are not ready, there is no need to tell. You should tell only once you are prepared enough for it. I am 31, and still struggling whether to tell or not.

3. sometimebefore

1. If you're pretty confident you're bi, you're pretty confident you're bi. It doesn't matter what age you are. As a teen, I think that is the most common age for people to really begin to understand their sexuality. Some will do it earlier, some later. But if you think you are bi, then you probably are, so I wouldn't worry about that.
    2. I see no reason why you shouldn't tell your brother that you have figured out that you are bi, but you aren't completely sure. If he will really be as accepting as he says he will be, it shouldn't matter if you figure out later that you really are straight or gay, rather than bi. So I would suggest that you go ahead if you feel comfortable. Don't, however rush it. Only tell him if you think that you are ready. That way you won't be caught off guard by either of your reactions to your spilling the beans.

I hope my advice helps and Good luck!
    -Clara

4. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the advice! :icon_bigg Im still going to think about it but I will most likely tell him