1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, Im confused....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chlo98, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Chlo98

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey, I'm a 15 year old girl. I'm confused about my sexuality and have been for a couple of years. When I was 13 it first came to me that I was different from all my friends (which were girls) because they would talk about boys and I didn't have any interest in it. I would then sit for hours on end every night trying to work out if I was gay. It would drive me insane to the point of me breaking down. :bang:

Eventually the thoughts went away and every now and again come back (Quite often). Now is one of those moments and I've finally decided to come on a site like this for help from people who have been through what I'm going through or are going through it. I've noticed that I often found myself looking at girls and always feel slightly uncomfortable around them. I still feel in a way that I am slightly attracted to men and have dated boys in the past so I am beginning to think maybe I'm bi sexual.

There's points where I've tried looking at myself in the mirror trying to get myself to accept that I may be a lesbian or that I might be bi. I never manage to though and I am always in denial. I think the main reason I am is because of the thought of having to come out.

My mum has a couple of friends that are gay but I don't think she would accept the idea of it being her own daughter. My stepdad I think will struggle to accept it but will eventually come round. I have a best friend that I think would completely support me but would act a bit weird at first. I think my friend would be only the person I'd tell until I had actually dated a girl to see if it's right.

Sorry for this being so long but it's nice to finally get this off of my back. I guess what I'm asking is have you got any advice about finding your sexuality, how to accept yourself and get past the denial stage and any tips about what I should if I do end up having to come out. :help:

By the way I understand that this could just be a stage but it's lasted two years so I feel that it is more than that.

Thanks for any help and taking time to read this Chloe x :icon_bigg

2. lovely lesbian

3. Silver Sparrow

Hey Chlo,

You don't ever have to label yourself (it seems like you are worried about that). I don't really have any advice on getting out of denial, but it's something that comes in time, I believe. You don't ever have to come out, but for me I feel a lot more like myself when I am out to people.

Good luck!(*hug*)

4. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been out to my family for about two years now, and even now I still sometimes struggle. But I figure the more I explore myself the more I'll be confident about it. I was around your age when I started feeling that exact same way. My friends would be talking about boys all the time and I'd be so uninterested and wanted to change the topic. I couldn't and still can't understand why they'd want to date them. Most of my nerves around girls was because I wanted them to like me and accept me, and I was comfortable around guys, hence the reason why I to this day have more guy friends than girl friends. This part took me until recently to figure out about myself, as I closed myself off a lot as a teen and didn't allow myself to have the experiences that others did. I'd say find some support from friends that you know are allies or LGBT themselves, that's what I did, I confided in a friend who happens to be super supportive and he's there for me if I need any questions answered as my family is still not comfortable with me. I'd also say to follow your heart and do what makes you happy. In summary, be yourself!