1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my oldest sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KariGordon1996, Dec 26, 2013.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've come out to my middle sister, I'm the youngest, she took it okay. Although she hasn't really come to the realization that it isn't a stage yet haha I plan to tell my oldest sister over the phone tomorrow. We are all very close so I know she won't hate me for it or anything. We all grew up in a religious house and she does still go to church, but she's not a crazy bible thumper or anything. I tried to tell her tonight when we were talking on the phone but I just couldn't get it out. It's like I know what I want to say but I can't say it. I'm afraid it will get weird between us and I don't want that. But anyway, how can I bring it up to her and what should I say to her to get her to understand? :help:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes getting them to understand can be the easiest bit, your brain can go into auto-pilot and you just say stuff, but if that DOESN'T happen, just tell her how you feel, it's on her to understand it and accept it, not for you to make a good case, you're not on trial.

As for how to say it...that can be a real hard thing to do. The only thing I've known to work well, if you can manage it (and it's REALLY difficult, so if it seems really hard don't worry) is to try not to think about it before hand. At all. Just as far as you are concerned when you speak to her you aren't going to tell her. You're just talking to your sister. Then the MINUTE it pops into your head stop whatever you were saying and just bark it out, wait a couple of seconds then carry on.