1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am I about to make a mistake?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Avi123, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Avi123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My parents and uncle were talking about all the LGBTQ people they knew. I was so close to saying " i've been completely attracted to men all my life, no biggie" would this be a mistake, im almost sure there supportive, but would it be a mistake to blurt out something that major, would that cause a weird confusion, or would it be better to sit them down and do the whole, tears and hugging thing?:confused:

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I struggled to decide when I want to let the real me out. I feel like I need to be comfortable after I test the waters. I feel like my friend is true and once I get a bit more confidence I will sometime do it (Strange that I keep telling to have confidence).

Do it when you feel is appropriate. You will know. I knew now wasn't right for me.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you owe it to your parents to have a more serious planned-out conversation.

4. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well you feel out the situation. In my opinion you should prepare for a serious conversation an kinda save the jokes for after; as long as everything's cool of course.

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would do it without anyone but your parents present as the first family members to hear it, and as a specific conversation. Since you live in San Francisco, they should be fully aware of what being gay means, so all they need to know is that you feel you ARE, so that they know what to expect as you grow older and want to start dating other boys.