1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embarassed about being Bi?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Étoile, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Étoile

Well, I'm not 100% bisexual. See, I'm attracted to girls on a physical level but I only get turned on a lit bit by the idea of straight sex. I'm attracted to guys on a phsyical, emotional, and romantic level, plus get turned on a lot more of the idea of gay sex, even lesbian sex rarely. The problem is, I don't want to be kinda bi, I want to be completely gay.

Pretty strange huh? :confused:

I couldn't see myself dating or marrying a woman. The closest thing I could see myself doing with a woman is sex, and that would be unlikely since I don't do one-night-stands or 'hook-ups'. So I would have to get to know the girl aka date them.

I feel bad when I find a girl attractive. I feel like I'm violating their space or something. I wouldn't want to lead them on since I know nothing would come of it, but if I find someone attractive, then I find them attractive! LOL

Am I just too afraid to realize the bi side of me, or am I just too confused and young to understand what's going on?

2. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What kind of attraction is it? There's a difference between seeing somebody as "hot" and seeing somebody as aesthetically pleasing. And, being a teenager, it's not that uncommon to be turned on by any kind of sexual thoughts. Remember, even straight people can have gay thoughts.

3. darkestknight

Lol, just the same thing that I once had.

Just go with the flow. If you like guys and girls, it's just that you like both of them! :slight_smile:

You can enjoy liking both of them anyway... no need to think whether you r gay, bi or not! :slight_smile:

4. Level N Human

I gave up trying to figure out in what way I am bisexual and who I am attracted to and to what level. That is why I've changed my orientation to queer, a blanket term. I don't think you should think too much about what orientation or term you fall under as it cannot define who you are - in other words, just go with the flow. :slight_smile:

5. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Don't bother labeling yourself it will be easier that way then you will find you really don't have to be any certain way just be yourself. Things will work out eventually and when you find that right person whether they be male or female you will know. In the mean time just go with what feels right to you.

6. Trumpetplyer23

Personally, I believe that there is no such thing as 100% gay or 100% straight. The reason? We're attracted to human beings, not a gender, so, it's a potential that a straight guy could be attracted to another guy.

Advice, don't try and label yourself, but if you must, I'd say you're gay. I say this because you have a physical, emotional, romantic, and sexual attraction to men, with only a physical attraction to women. You can be gay and appreciate a woman's beauty.

7. Étoile

Thanks for your replies guys!

So maybe just going with the flow is right for me but being the annoying prick I am, I just have to have an official name for me sexuality. I guess I'll call myself 'Gay cupcake with Bi cream filling'. Yum. :icon_wink

8. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Yeah, I know the feeling of wanting to know exactly what your sexuality is, even though I've managed to overcome this desire as I realise that for me, its not a very productive use of my time and effort because I just go round in circles in my head.

But I don't think it's weird to want to be gay rather than bi. It probably indicates that, as you say, you're closer on the spectrum to being gay than straight, but I think it's also a left-over from the world, which thinks in terms of gay and straight. In some ways, when you are bi, however close to gay or straight, the feeling of belonging nowhere can continue, even once you have accepted your sexuality.