1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely and kind of without friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nerkpoop78, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Nerkpoop78

After realizing that I'm gay, I've kinda been shutting myself away from my people. Whenever I see like good-looking and kinda hot guys, I try to stop myself. I'm scared that I'll do something wrong. I do talk a little here and there but I don't really feel the friendship there. Maybe it's just me... Well that was before I moved overseas sometime this year. I moved sometime this year. Being in a completely new environment, I'm feeling weird. I talk more to girls cause I hang an stay away from guys. Kinda like that. I feel awakened around guys, so much so that I don't want to associate. I do have friends it's just that it's kinda weird. It's also quite a different environment for me moving to a foreign country such as Australia. I came from south-east Asia. I do chat with Asian cause I feel more comfortable but not so with the rest. They seem like rather nice people through small talk but I can seem to shake off the awkwardness. Please help:frowning2:

2. Simple Thoughts

Oh I see. I can't give any geographic based advice because I'm not really familiar with foreign cultures myself so I don't know what is and isn't appropriate.

I can, however, tell you this. Don't shut people out. It's just not a good thing to do, and it'll leave you with a lot more problems to deal with in the long road. You should just try and find some comfort in yourself, and maybe get out there and try talking to a few guys. It might be difficult, but it'll pay off if you're willing to have confidence in yourself :slight_smile:

3. Nerkpoop78

Thanks for your advice. I'll try to follow it:slight_smile:

4. Simple Thoughts

I'm sure you'll be fine, and you can always come here for support :slight_smile:

5. chivalrous

Indeed dont shut yourself away from others! Im sure you will be fine :grin:. and most of my group in high school was female (there was only 3 males and 7 females in my group) so it isn't anything unnatural you needn't worry! :slight_smile: hope this help. best of luck for the new year. im sure eventually you too will have a good group of friends!

6. Nerkpoop78