1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New year's resolution

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rainbows~Exist, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Rainbows~Exist

It's new year's in a couple of days and I've had the idea of finally coming out to everyone and loving myself for who I am as a resolution. I've already come out to a few people but I want everyone to know and start over in the next year. The only problem is that I'm quite nervous and scared to and I don't know how I should do it. So, should I? And if so how should I?

2. Simple Thoughts

Good luck, and I hope you have the courage to make good on your New Years resolution :slight_smile:

3. WeAreYoung

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Couldn't think of a better resolution :slight_smile: Just remember there's no rush, you could take it slow and tell the people you're pretty sure will be accepting first to get your confidence up. Also gives you more people to go to for support if you don't get the reaction you hoped for from those trickier people to come out to. How you do it is completely up to you and what you feel most comfortable with. I found it easier to come out face to face with some people, and others on texts or facebook messages, so really it just depends on you and the other person. Hope 2014 is a good one for you :thumbsup:

4. KitChan

I think that's a great resolution. You can come out however you feel the most comfortable, whether it's a deep, private chat, or just one sentence. But if your parents get surprised easily, make sure not to do it in a moving vehicle :wink:

5. TeenPresident

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm doing the same thing. I've told 3 people in the last week. I'm going to tell everyone on the 1st. I'm terrified. Talk to me to know more about me and maybe hive me some advice?

6. chivalrous

I too had this same resolution and told my mum recently and everything worked out fine! :grin: Best of luck for the future :eusa_clap

7. Rainbows~Exist

Thank you everyone! Through your advice I have finally come out to everyone and couldn't feel any better!