1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Helloitschris95, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Helloitschris95

Hi All,

After worrying and worrying I came out to my family yesterday (they were really good about it but still a little surprised). I've been putting it off for quite a while hoping that things would change but I could not continue hiding this something about me. I've come out as bisexual but I am more gay than bisexual, on a scale of 1(straight) to 10(gay), I would say I am 8! This confuses me and is a reason why I put off coming out. However, my parents think I should be careful in who I tell friends wise, maybe because they are worried what people will think or tell others and maybe they don't 100% believe I am confident in my sexuality, they want me to take it slow so I'm confident in myself first! I've told my best friend today and she was amazing about it, making me feel better, I just don't know if I should tell friends and eurgh, I just want your advice or maybe stories about similar situations..

Thanks,
    Chris :grin:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in pretty much the same situation. I'm bi but definitely prefer guys and I've been out to my family for only a few months. It took them awhile to get their heads around it, and I've spent a good portion of my winter break clearing the air with them about it, but they're supportive.

They've also been concerned about who I'm going to tell and having people see it on Facebook and then asking them about it (I'm not out on Facebook and won't be for a long time). I've told a few close friends who I know I can trust, but that's been it so far. They've all been really cool with it--well, two of them are openly gay so of course they were cool.

I'm taking it slowly and telling only people I'm confident I can trust, and other than one friend I've told everyone in person.

Hope this helps!