1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone else felt this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by girlonfire, Dec 30, 2013.

1. girlonfire

Before winter break I came out to my cousin and friend (which was a total disaster IMO and I panicked) but after it seemed to get really uncomfortable and now all I can think is "man I wish I was still in the closet." Has this happened to you guys? Because it sucks ass. I don't even know what I should do because I'm waaaay to shy to actually bring it up again and be like "yo dude why are you acting weird you said you were ok with it."

I know that wasn't really written well but that's what happens at 11pm sometimes ok? :help:

2. chivalrous

This hasn't happened to me before but i don't think you need to worry to much about it. they are probably just in a phase and im sure it will blow over eventually otherwise im sure if you talk with them you may be able to resolve your problem. I congratulate you on your courage and bravery and hope everything turns out good for you. good luck :slight_smile:

3. I wish I hadn't come out so young because now my dad doesn't believe me and thinks I'm doing it just to upset him. And that was when I came out as bi. It sucks butt. As for your friend and cousin, I'm sure if they care about you enough they'll eventually accept it. You just have to keep telling them you're the same person you've always been and that this doesn't make you a different person.

4. Rainbow Girl

Yes that has happened to me a couple times.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sometimes wish I had come out BETTER. And sometimes I wish some people I came out to responded better. But I never wished I hadn't come out.

Lex

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have felt like this for a day or two after coming out to my parents via letter. That's when I agree with Lex, I wish I had the balls to come out face-to-face instead of taking the letter route; however, I think for all that was involved that the letter was the best path to take. Basically what happened was: After I came out, my mom would send me all these texts about like don't tell anyone and whatnot. It got to the point where I actually told her to forget I said anything... yeah it got that bad.

7. ASAP Deakey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    However it turns out, it's good that it happened. It'll influence some kind of (though rather small) change in your life that you'll learn from.

It's unfortunate that your friend has to switch on you like this (from normal to awkward) just cos you came out to them, and that is definitely an experience I've been through myself. I'm quite an all or nothing person, so when I feel like a friend that's close to me has a problem with my sexuality they almost become a ghost of a friend to me. I think "How can you really be my friend if you harbour negative feelings towards a part of my life?"... but really it's just something that person has to work through their system. They can still be a good friend to you, and you can still be close once they get over their issues. But if it's making you feel unstable in yourself then don't feel obligate to stick around them for too long. It's all about how comfortable you feel, and you deserve friends who will accept you and love you for who you are despite what you do.

8. girlonfire

See, I came out to her because I figured I could finally have someone to talk to about all this, but we've barely talked at all since then. I don't want to let go because I don't want to go through coming out again to other people. But now it's like no one knows except she has blackmail against me or something. I still don't have anyone to just vent it all out to. :/