1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life's starting to suck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wired106, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Wired106

Summer is starting to suck and its changing. I just flipped out on my mom and dad with my cousin there just listening because i got in an argument. She always says fucking shit about how I dont get out much and stuff and its because I like staying home I dont know why I just do, but it's not like I never get out, I hang out with friends and stuff. This is bullshit. I've never yelled at them like this before because I cant take it anymore. She was arguing with me because we were talking about where it would be nice to live in the future and I said I like California (she was talking about different countries) because I grew up here and I like the lifestyle and all that. And she's like nathan you never even get out how do you like it here and blah blah blah pretty much saying I dont have a life and shit. Shes acting like a fucking bitch and I got so pissed at her and told her whys she always have to be a fucking bitch about shit and told her some other stuff and went straight to my room. Like I never get support from my mom, only from my dad. I wish my mom could be more accepting of stuff and just be there for me but idk it sucks and it literally makes me cry about it. I told her what does she want me to do, go out and do drugs and fuck up my life and just hate home? damn.. .its these times i seriously just feel like killing myself cause im so fucking fed up with this shit. She acts like shes totally cool with me being gay and all that but I know that she really isnt okay with everything. :icon_sad:

2. paint

Well, I would say definitely try to not assume anything about your mom. I know it might be hard to talk directly to her, but if you base everything on guesses...you know?

I think she might be worried about your stability or something, but if you know you're in control of your life, then they shouldn't worry about you any more. It's tough to convince parents though :dry: You just gotta do something and have fun with it. I hope this helps and Im not being an arsehat. :thumbsup:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It certainly sounds like that there are a few things that you and your mom should be talking about. Certainly, parents sometimes can be a bit 'too worried' because in their eyes they see a pattern emerging and rightly or wrongly assume that something isn't right. From what you have written, it seems that your mom has crossed a boundary (which you have dawn) with which you feel comfortable with. Let her know (in a calm way) that staying at home is something you like doing and there is nothing wrong with it. Let her also know that you do have friends and that you are going out and socialize. Just ask her and your dad to respect your choices.

If you feel that she hasn't accepted your sexuality engage her in a conversation about it. I think it would be a lot better if you would talk to her about it. If you see that she hasn't accepted it completely, reassure her that you have not changed and that you are still you.

I don't think though that your mom is saying this to make you angry. Maybe she and your dad are genuinely worried. Talk to them and let them know that everything is alright.

I hope this helps a little bit!

4. Louise

Sorry, I am a bit confused, are you talking about your cousin who went and talked to your mum or about your mum who is saying nasty things to you. I got the impression it is your cousin sticking her nose in where it is none of her business.

If this is the case than just tell her to mind her own damn business, this is your life and you will live it as you see fit and in the manner which makes YOU happy and if this doesn't suit her she can go jump off a cliff! Don't rise to her bait, if she starts on at you turn your back on her and walk away, it's rude I know, but then she is being rude in butting in on your life.

Wow that sounds mean but I just can't understand someone coming and critisizing your life!

If it is your mum saying all this then that is a different matter it is pobably that she is worried about you and you need to have a talk with her to reasure her. If your dad supports you get him on your side before you talk to your mum and you will feel less vunerable, less picked on.

5. Wired106

It was my mom that said that stuff not my cousin. But I think you guys are getting the wrong impression. She said that stuff to piss me off and make me mad, not that she is worried. I think that is like terrible because not even friends like joking around say that kind of stuff and MY MOM said that to my face, a person who I need support from and I would hope I could talk to about stuff but I just can't talk about personal stuff with her just because of that shit she always does or does sometimes. "You never even get out nathan, what makes your life so special. Its not like you have friends anyways" WHAT THE FUCK? I mean seriously who the hell says that?!?!?!?!???!!! She doesnt even know my life it seems like, I hang out with so many people but a lot of the time I make excuses not to hang out becase I like being at home hanging out and relaxing and stuff. Like what the fuck I'm suppose to feel supported at home especially by my parents but my mom just seems likes shes putting me down now and its bullshit.

6. HighintheClouds

I think your mom has issues she's dealing with right now. I think that what you should do is to go and tell her straight to her face, "Mom, why are you saying such stuff to me? What have I ever done to you to make you say these sort of things to me?"
    You know, go and reason it all out with her, tell her that these things are really hurting you.
    Maybe (it's a big maybe) she doesn't realise that it's hurting you.

7. Louise

Oh, well that does change everything. I think if she starts again you have the right just to ask her calmly why she would say such mean and hurtfull things. That should act like a slap in the face to her and make her think about what she is saying.

This really is a tough situation. If you are a home bird, so what, you are a home bird, I was never much one for clubbing and stuff coz it's just not my thing. Could you go and stay with an aunt or a grandparent for a week or so during the holidays? It might not be exactly what you want but it would get you away from your mum's spiteful tongue (sorry, don't meant to critisize your mum :icon_sad:slight_smile: and maybe take the pressure off you both.

If you can get away, get your dad to talk to your mum and get him to explain how much her attitude towards you hurts and upsets you before you go back.

Good luck.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah...I see....

I agree with Louise. You need to talk to your mom about it and let her know that it is hurtful. When you talk to her, be honest and tell her that you wish she would be the person you could talk to about personal things/issues and that you wish that she would be providing a lot more support. That should give her plenty to think about. Hopefully she will listen and start to change. Yes, (and if it is an option) try enlisting your dad's help as well. I do hope that your mom changes her ways because yes, you do need support from her as well.

Hope this helps!