1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Existence

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Paladin, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Paladin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "WHY DO I EXIST?"

Somewhere along our journey through life we want to know, and understand, WHY we EXIST; Why are we who we are, and Why we are not somebody else. This is what is called in philosophy the EXISTENTIAL DILEMMA. What does that mean exactly? It means that we are puzzled by the fact that we live; it means that we are questioning that we are here instead of not being here; and it means that there might be a REASON for the fact that "I EXIST." What about those who don't exist? Why don't they exist when I exist?" Why is there EXISTENCE anyway?

Many of us feel a loneliness. We feel that we need to be wanted and to be loved. Moreover, we want to love because we just don't know what to do without this LOVE. We walk in darkness without a friend to love. We curse this darkness because we hurt so much when we cannot have a lover...not just a mother or father that loves us, or we to love; but a someone who can love us body and soul. To have an intimate connection with a friend. To kiss and to fondle, which we cannot do with a parent. We need a person who wants to know us as much as we want to know them. An individual we can trust and will also trust us. A friend that will enter us as we enter them in both a physical as well as a spiritual sense. Existence seems so shallow and empty unless we can feel and live life with excitement, with meaning and purpose, and with a sense of satisfaction that we are important to someone - and to ourselves, as well.

The love that we wish to have is not only a fondness for someone, but a sexual union also. Sex confirms that we can love and be loved. There are all sorts of loves that are not sexual, We want these kinds of love too. But, most importantly our natures require a closeness that says: "I want you because I need to express my feelings from the very core of my being. I want your wetness as much as you want mine. We want a "Teddybear" kind of being cared for. Something to hug when we feel sad and lonely. A sweet closeness that assures us that we are not just a "thing" but a person who wants to need and be needed.

Those of us who have found themselves to want to love someone of their own sex may have some doubts that this is not quite O.K., but one should banish these thoughts to oblivion, where they belong. Don't fret over that fact. You are no less a good person because you have these feelings. The so-called "normal" population of this planet, who think that to be "truly human" and "truly moral" have no realistic concept about sex. They are ignorant about the total spectrum of love, and only comply for what they have been told by those who want to control them for their own selfish and avaricious purposes. Your individual existence is for you to understand in the context of life in general. You are as capable as anyone else to figure-out what life means. Even a philosopher, like myself, cannot give you all the answers; but can only point out to you that to exist (to be) is all you have - don't waste it. P.S. Any questions? Paladin

2. Blaz

Blaz Guest

The force of love which I am beginning to see more and more of everywhere is beyond just physicality. In life vs. the inanimate, life has some strange desire to become less of a number, become closer to a single, living soul, a single conscious being. Of course, in the inanimate and applicable physical, things resist coming together, they must separate, the universe will expand(possibly, if it keeps at this exponential rate) to the point of a darkness so dark and a coldness so cold that no life will be possible. Atoms are similar, things man made atoms made up of hundreds of protons can only stick together for a millionth of a second. In reality, the physical world has a tendency for entropy, not unity.

But. . .

We humans are special, we living, breathing souls are special, we as conscious beings are special. Tough we all share different spiritual, religious, or moral beliefs, deep at the core of these beliefs are the desire to be with those whom you love for eternity, and in many cases, expand that number you love. Physical Sex is tiny compared to the other ways people who love each other bond, it;s the way they physically become one, but it's NOT THE ONLY WAY. There are much more passionate and spiritual ways that people become one. . .but know this: It is applicable only to living, conscious organisms.

A little blurb here: Take a look at the way bacteria behave. Alone, a single bacteria is very weak, but wait in see to realize the potential. It's alone, and it knows it is impossible to live this way forever, so it makes a copy of itself, an ally, a friend. Then they make copies of themselves until there are millions still working as ONE body. It's amazing what these little guys can do. But it all started with one.

I wish we would stop fighting over realistically trivial things, theres so many people who have fallen into the darkness of physicality and materialism, they are the ones who kill for reward, who spend money selfishly, who use power abusively. It's time for more love, a greater love, on that would unite all of us. . .

But it starts with ONE

3. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I wish more people would join in on these types of conversations. . .sigh. . .it's sad that more people would rather through away this miracle of life and the beauty of our existence than to cherish it. . .