1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel terrible

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by heynow, Jan 3, 2014.

1. heynow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 24 and gay. I'm just coming to terms fully that I am gay. I thought for the longest time I could live with a woman, and be okay but i cannot. I just wanted to have a "normal" life.
    I've been seeing a girl for the last 6 months, and things started to heat up, and thats when my full realization happened.
    I came out to her as Bi months ago and she was okay with it, but I know I'll need to break up with her and tell her the truth. I feel awful because it will destroy her. It also won't be the 1st time one of her Boyfriends was gay.
    I do care for her, and want to stay friends, but at the same time she might hate me, more than anyone, and I've just wasted months of her time.
    I figure once I tell her, I'll need to come out to my family. Although I know they will accept me, I'm afraid things won't be the same between us.
    I have a best friend who knows all this about me, but at the same time I dont think she fully understands me.
    Sorry this is a rant, but I'm just really worried.
    Thanks

2. willycubed28

Well, I think first things first you need to deal with your current relationship with this girl. Break it off however you feel like you need too. If she is mad at you then so be it, but at least you will be unburdened, and you are honest with her.