1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it too soon?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by naomx, Jan 4, 2014.

1. naomx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi everyone! I've only just joined, but I've looked around the forum quietly for quite a while now.
    I want to start my posting here with asking for a little help/input into my situation.
    I've struggled with my sexuality for a long time (I'm only 18, but it's bothered me for most of my teen years which seems like a long time haha!), and I'm out to my cousin (who I'm very close with), and to two or so friends.
    I want to tell my mum (single parent) so then I don't feel so alone all the time, but I'm afraid of how she might react.. I'm unsure as to whether she would hate me for it, or be ok with it? She's a very selfish person, and often puts me last behind boyfriends/going out/etc. and I'd just like to have a friend through my struggles.
    Is it too soon to say something to her?
    Also - Am I crazy for feeling so ridiculously alone? or is that normal?
    :help:

2. Lcfcfox

Welcome to EC, about you're problem even if you're mum puts you last, if she truly cares about you're opinions she will accept you for who you are, and you are not crazy for being alone I feel like it sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Only you will know when the time is right to come out and since your freaking out about it, I don't think you're ready because you need to have a rational head/ thought process coming out and don't want to freak out in the middle of coming out.
    You are probally not the only person who feels alone in this, and most likley not the last, I think that's normal.
    About if your mom will hate you I don't know, but by how you describe your mom I'd have a support system and somewhere to stay in place just incase because honestly I don't think it will go well by you describing her as selfish, so she may be mad about you not giving her any biological grandkids and hate you because of that.
    Welcome to EC.

4. charmander

I enjoyed this post thoroughly ^^.
    I'm thirteen and I'm out, Keep in mind it's never too early...well...minimum...9years old
    And this is pretty big, I don't think she'd hate you, she may not be jumping for joy but it can't be all that bad.

Hope Thy Helped!

5. naomx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much! I think I've decided I might go and stay with my aunty and cousin for a week or so to try and give myself a little space. This reply helped me heaps though so thank you (*hug*):slight_smile:

6. MarvinMinsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You made me smile. And cry. Thanks. I hope your life is a long and happy one.

7. Str8tLAboy

Str8tLAboy Guest

I am in the same boat as you and I would say that if your mom really loves you, she will accept you for who you are no matter what. It is difficult to come out and it is something I struggle with everyday but I am sure that once you come out to the people closes to you, you will feel like a great weight has been lifted off your shoulders.