1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by An Unknown User, Jan 5, 2014.

1. An Unknown User

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know there are probably a million posts just like this one but I am really unsure.

I just don't know how to come out to my parents or what to say or anything really. I am a fifteen year old bisexual and at the moment I think that they think I am straight.

Its not that I think they won't be supportive it is just I don't know if they will believe me as I have given no hints to my sexuality before and I don't even know how to start the conversation or anything.

If you could help me or link me to help that would be awesome! Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

2. MightNeedThis

Coming out is always the hardest part. Honestly, I'm still battling with how and when to do it. I like to believe the time will present its self when it is right, and I'm still waiting for that day, granted I've only been sure for a little bit.

What I do, probably even subconsciously, is I talk about girls as easily as boys, even to my mom. Making comments about how pretty a girl is, why I think so, that I like her style. Honestly, from what I've gathered most people have figured it out by now. People might with you too.

When I was your age, I was out on the porch with my mother and I told her "I think I might be bi," and she was accepting, even though I just kind of blurted it out. Not sure if I'd recommend it, but it worked for me.

3. MarvinMinsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry, but only you can judge.

Paranoia runs deep in my veins, so I'd start with, "What are the chances that they will kick me out of the house? Beat me into a coma? Call a priest to "Pray the gay away"?

And take my questions SERIOUSLY. Love blinds us. We never imagine someone we love hurting us. You don't know what demons are in your parent's past. Make sure you'll be safe first. Then, if you feel that your health and safety won't be compromised, drop a hint or two. First sign the water's fine, jump in.

Or you can try the, "It's not that bad" Approach. Like, "Mom. Dad. If I wanted to have a sex change operation because I was dating my own cousin and I want him to make an honest Man/Woman out of me, would you still love me?" They will freak. But then you go, "I'm just KIDDING! Ha ha ha! Ahhhh... But seriously, I'm bisexual."

And if they Don't freak, then say, "Oh! Well, I'm just seeing how much you love me. By the way, Good News! I'm only bisexual!"

See? Not that bad. At least you aren't dating your own cousin.