1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like a guy but don't know if he is gay/Bi.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheGuardian, Jan 6, 2014.

1. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I need some advise guys:help:. I have fallen for this guy, but I am not sure if he is Gay/Bi, I'm pretty sure he is Bi because he has had girlfriends before. I have some clues but I don't know if it's just me so I need to know if I am getting the right vibes from him. I'll tell you a few things he did last semester.

The first time he and I made first contact (seen one another for the first time) he had a girlfriend and they were going good, it didn't seem like they had any troubles. I started to talk with her and that is how I met him. He is tall, over a foot higher then myself and well built, I'm shortish, 1-2 inches higher then the average female and I am also thin, not anorexic thin, but small, anyways. I said hi to him and he said "sup." He and I had our second block together. About a week past and he started to talk to me, he'd say Hi in the halls and stuff, but one day he came up behind me and held me. He whispered, "I bet you like this don't you." I didn't know what to say so I told him to let go, nicely. He let me go and we proceeded to 2nd block. Sense then I catch him occasionally staring at me but he plays it off and says "what you looking at," smiling and laughing. He also likes to play around and throw things at me, not meanly though, like little stuff to make me sass and throw it back.

But that's about it, he has never came up behind me sense then, but he still sometimes stares at me and plays it off.

Is he just playing around or does he just not know? How would I find out? He is in 12th grade I am in 11th. He will be graduating this year, and now that the second semester has started I have limited time to know what's up. I have fallen for this guy and possibly might be in love, but I am afraid to say "in love" because it will break my heart. :icon_sad::cry:

#1 TheGuardian, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  2. Emberblaze

Thing is, now adays, straight guys like to act gay as a joke, which is reallys stressful/annoying/offensive. If you came out, it might help a bit because that'd open that door for him.

But, be careful if you DO do that and you aren't prepared for news to be spread. I don't know exactly how long you've known the guy but you just gotta make sure you can trust him with that information.

3. ClosetedGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Not to hurt you or anything but he might be straight. I have fallen for a straight guy and was assuming he is bisexual or gay but he turned out to be fully straight. He used to hug me all the time and joke around but he was just fooling around.

4. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks guys, I won't risk it. So difficult to find a nice guy in the south. Particularly my state, seeing how even the mentioning of gay/Bi around here makes people throw holly water.......

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a friend who is as straight as a stainless-steel ruler. Whenever we part company, he shakes my hand then gives me a big hug, which I enjoy immensely, as I enjoy close physical contact and hugging. I probably enjoy it more than he does, but I know he means only friendship and acceptance by it, nothing "gay".

If you consider this guy to be your friend, and want to explore his feelings more, then work on improving your friendship with him first. Invite him to "do things" with you, go over to him at lunch or whenever you can and strike up a conversation with him. Let him know you want to be his friend. There is nothing overtly "gay" about that. If he IS gay/bi and is interested in you, then he should respond positively to you and try to build the friendship. If he does not seem to be interested, then, whether or not he is gay, he just isn't "into you", so you can move on and find someone who is.