1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want to be who I am

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TamzEscape, Jan 7, 2014.

1. TamzEscape

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been living my whole life in a country where being who i am (lesbian, atheist) can get me killed and I know that my family will stand by and watch if not actually do it themselves I've had to live a lie and work hard for the past 5 years so I can finally have my family's approval to come to the US to study but under the condition of following there religion and having my older cousin watching my every move. I feel suffocated and depressed the whole time but I promised myself I wouldn't try suicide again( after failing 8 times). I came here hoping for a chance, a salvation but all I feel is sadness and loneliness. I don't ask for much just a chance to be myself.
    I' m begging for an advice any advice to help me get to my dream of being myself and feeling happiness again..

2. ClosetedGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You just need time to truly know want. I can give you loads of advice and stay typing for hours but at the end of the day, it's your life and you want what is best for yourself. Just follow your heart and you will be fine. I am a self-harmer myself and after all the advice I have received, I still haven't stopped being depressed. I know that one day I will do what my heart tells me to do. You should do the same.

3. Miss Emma

Miss Emma Guest

Hello both of you and welcome! You are safe here!

I know things are extremely difficult got you at this stage. I'm barely out myself.I'm Trans female and came out, twice, to my wife of near 8 years! I'm a woman in my core and, in Nebraska, that's no cake walk! Plus I've got 4 little ones that i love dearly. I'm waiting on my wife to figure out if she can live married to a lesbian Trans girl or not. She says she can, but I'm not on hormones at all yet SOOOOO she still thinks I'm a "mere cross dresser." But it's not that at all.

Best advice I have I'd this: be true to yourself. If I'd recognized this before I was married I'd have just gone with it, no doubt!

One more thing: I'm not sure how close you are to your family. But believe me, you don't owe them anything by your existence. And as a fellow atheist lesbian, you d don't have religious guilt for distancing yourself. I've done so for about 7 years now.

Good luck!