1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

circuit

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blake21, Mar 20, 2007.

1. blake21

i feel real stupid asking this but here it goes a friend of mine wants me to go with him to a black party this weekend in new york never been not sure i want to not sure exactly what to expect just wonder have any of you been if have any insight every time i ask him anything about it he smiles and laughs saying ill have fun he frequents these kind of partys going all over the place every time he comes back he looks f up not a cheep thing either tickets are alot even if you get a weekend pass that includes all events then airfare and a room most of this i would have to charge its almost 2 months of wages for me not sure this is my kind of thing in the past i have had problems with drugs and alcohol been clean for 3 years i do go to partys where there is drugs and drinking but there is always a way out if i fill tempted out of state and that atmosphere not sure

2. Jim1454

Sounds to me like you already know whether or not you should go without asking for more information about it...

If you are worried about hurting your friend's feelings, then just attribute you not going to the money aspect - that its just too expensive for you to go to NYC.

3. TriBi

It certainly does sound as if you are unsure (tho' not sure whether that is because of your concerns about the "scene" there, or how you might be tempted back to your past).

Either way I would tend to think that Jim's advice is pretty sensible.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree. If you have reservations about it, don't go.

Becky

5. blake21

ya i guess i did already know i didnt really want to go for many reasons its just he has a really dominating personally when he wants something i have a hard time saying no when he gets like that most of my friends are straight so there are topics off limits not to many people to rant to about what im thinking most of the time guess i needed to hear it was ok to say no i didnt want to go thanks

6. Micah

Hey - these sort of things are always up to you. If you have a hard time saying no, then really the best thing to do is make up an excuse. Like Jim said, money is a good excuse, since its not lying!