1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out in 12 hours?!?!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xAlexzanderx, Jan 7, 2014.

1. xAlexzanderx

Hi, I'm coming out as FTM.... Tomorrow my aunt and grandmother are coming over to help me, and defend me just in case...

And I'm freakinggnout I'm so nervous I'm shaking...

My mom is extremely homophobic and trans phobic.. She's probably going to scream and freak out... How do I stay calm and explain myself to her tomorrow? My aunt said I could stay at her house if needed, but she most Likely won't kick me out... But I'm so....I don't even know...

This is happening tomorrow morning ..... I feel like I'm gonna puke....

Btw I'm 13... :help:

2. KiddlesP

I have no experience coming out as trans, however you are doing the right thing in setting up multiple safety nets just in case. You will be happier doing this than you would be by taking any other option, you just got to remember that. You can do this, and it is like a band-aid. This will probably be the hardest coming out you will have to do, and after this hill every time will become easier.

3. Gen

Gen

Goodness. Well, clearly we all wish the best. Just remember that you have your aunt and grandmother on your side, which is already a great successful in itself. There are LGBTQ individuals who are born into families that leave them with ultimately no one to turn to. It would be amazing if your mother will be able to put her love for you first, but in the case that doesn't happen I would find comfort in the fact that you are still well loved, and cared for if necessary..

4. deadmau5ftw

I wish you the best! But before you do come out. Make SURE your aunt is okay with you living with her. Last year, a girl at my school came out to her parents as trans and they threw her out of the house. I know this to be the case with a lot of homophobic parents. Be prepared for A LOT of questions when you do come out.

I hope everything goes well :grin:

Keep us updated

Good luck!

5. xAlexzanderx

@deadmau5ftw yes, both my aunts and grandmothers said if needed I'm always welcome at there houses... And I love the name by the way..

6. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck! And don't worry...You are telling them what you are,if they don't like it,someone else will! It's great for you to have your aunt and grandma on your side as I am sure it will help ease stuff out.

And again, good luck :slight_smile:

7. deadmau5ftw

Well I wish you the best of luck! and Thanks :slight_smile:

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad to hear that your aunt and grandmother are both supportive of you! It's good to have that safety net set up in case things do go badly. I hope that everything goes well for you! Let us know how it goes!

9. turntechGodhead

Good luck! I hope everything goes alright and, if not, I'm glad that you have support!

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Deep breath, you are going to be fine. Glad that your aunt and grandmother are coming with you for support.

Hope your coming out goes well. Let us know how it turns out.