1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed lately :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alpha78, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been trying to figure out why I've been really depressed. After all the thinking, it comes down to how I'm still in the closet. I've been obsessing over "am I really bi?" Or "is this just a phase" so i havnt came out to anyone (except one person). I just feel lonely, that some people don't understand me. When some of my friends say "he's cute" or whatever, I want to engage into the conversation but just can't. Another reason why I don't want to come out is that my school is mostly homophobic. The out guys in my school are completely shunned by guys but arnt by girls. However, if I come out as bi I think not only guys would shun me but also girls. I have this one friend that I could come out to since I know he is really supportive of the lgbt community and bi-curious but I'm afraid he might tell someone. what do you think I should do? Should I wait until I'm in a more accepting community? Any kind of advice is appreciated :slight_smile:

2. burg

maybe if you come out to your friend but let him know your not ready to come out to other people?
    come out on your own terms you have lots of time.if you feel you need to wait till your in a better community then theres no shame in waiting.
    i think most gay guys b4 coming out feel like no one understands them.because people around us really dont if we dont tell them.but no your not alone

3. lauren15

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I thought this about the one person I've told as well, like they were going to tell the entire universe or something. But I think people, if you are really insistent that no one else can know, are really receptive to the idea of keeping their mouths shut when it comes to things like this. Especially if they understand the magnitude of what could happen if this gets out to the wrong people because they themselves involved in the lgbt community like your friend is.

Or, if you feel safer waiting, then wait!