1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know how to tell my best friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chaniefisher, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Chaniefisher

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi,

I have a boyfriend of 16 months I'm 17 and I think I'm bisexual and I've known for a while but in finding it really hard to tell my best friend Becuase we always used to joke about it as kids not knowing either one of us was one. I also don't know how to tell my boyfriend Becuase currently he lives in Italy and really doesn't like gays so I don't know what to do!?
    I really need help please
    I haven't experimented with girls but I've dreamt about it a lot so I think I am??

2. Black Swan

Hi, welcome to EC!

You don't have to rush coming out, if you're not ready I'd advise you to slow down and take a deep breath. Fantasising about girls doesn't necessarily mean that you're bi. Of course, you might be. So next time you're out, take time to notice who you find attractive, who you'd like to kiss, who turns you off, etc. Sexuality is one of those things that no one else can define for you.

Also, your boyfriend might change his attitude for you. If he doesn't, he's not worth you. :slight_smile:

3. Chaniefisher

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank ou for the response. Very helpful.

I have seen some girls that I find attractive and would like to kiss, but the college I go to they judge very much so I'm worried about saying anything even to my best friend of 9 years?

4. lovely lesbian

I agree with post above you don't have to rush coming out I hope you can tell your friend because if they are really your friend they will accept you x

5. Chaniefisher

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks for everything I told my best friend by text and she was surprisingly understanding but why did that make me cry??