1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creepy!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xballetxbeautyx, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Ohmygosh I'm shaking so much.

So my mom's always going on about how I can't walk around in our neighborhood by myself because of this sex predator guy who lives like a quarter mile away. Needless to say, I'm a bit paranoid about this new house.

Just now my mom was at the store (she's home now) and I was up in my room and I heard a knock on the door. And everybody knows not to open the door when you're by yourself, so I just left it. But it kept going on for a few minutes, and then the doorbell rang a few times, and then the knocking started again. And then the door started rattling.

By this time, I was a little freaked out. So I leaned out of my doorway and looked over the balcony out through the window over the front door, and this lady was standing there. I had no clue who she was, I'd never seen her before in my life. After a second she turned around and walked back to her little black car.

I went into another room where I could see better, and I watched her get into her car and sit there. She didn't pull out or even turn the car on, she just sat in her car. So then I was really freaked out and I called my mom. Turns out she's a friend of my other mom's. But still. That was scary!

I'm so paranoid about this new house. Whenever somebody comes to the door I think they're either a rapist or a murderer! What the hell do I do?

2. dancingqueen79

Out Status:
    Some people
    in the case with the woman...that has happened to me sooooo many times. I was home alone and this black car was in front of my house, but I would call the cops if that happens again.

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like it was pretty creepy but glad it was just a friend of your mom's. I wouldn't think about it so much. Try blocking it out of your mind and thinking of other things instead of being paranoid about something happening...

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What kind of "friend of your mom" would rattle the door, though? Did she desperately need to borrow some sugar or something?

Lex

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, tell your moms to have their friends call first especially if you are home alone.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Yeah, that sounds creepy. Gerry made a good point. Don't think that something is going to happen when someone is at the door. Most of the time, the people knocking on your door are going to be people that either you or your moms know. Still, you did the right thing.

As Becky suggested, ask your moms if their friends could call first before coming over when they are not at home.

7. We're having a garage sale tomorrow. According to mum, she's very excited about getting some new patio furniture. *shrugs* ~megan~

8. Poring

Yeah, usually though if the person wants to wreak havoc, he or she will just quietly break a window or a door and cautiously sneak around : O

Uhh, forget I said that.

9. mUsIcFrEaK92

mUsIcFrEaK92 Guest

I would of done the same thing. Don't worry so much.

10. Uncertain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, chances are if they're going to knock and have to confront you face-to-face, their intentions are not going to be sinister. Not all the time though, so just be careful.

11. Vampyrecat

I would ask your mother to MAKE her friends call before they come over.
    That is just rude of your mother's friend, not to mention terrifying for you! (*hug*).
    I hope things work out better if your friend decides she wants some other peice of furniture badly enough to come over when it's obvious you're home alone!

12. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Exactly what you did, but be less paranoid about it. Theres no use freaking out over nothing, even if it was a scary ass stranger, he/she isn't getting through that door. Not letting them in is definitely the best policy. If you're really that worried then have a weapon and a surprise attack ready. Or another room with a lock on it that you can go to, with a phone for the police. Stay safe and smart! :thumbsup:

Even then you should hear from your mother, anyone could call pretending to be your mom's friend. Or perhaps a codeword you set up with your mother to identify them. For instance if a mothers friend is coming over to get something, perhaps they should have a codeword like "dinosaur" to get in the door.

#12 Nicvcer, Jun 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008