1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible coming out chance..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shadow7796, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

This semester in school, I am required to take a speech class, and we have to give our first speech on Monday. The topic for the speech is "who are you?" and it's only supposed to be a minute long. I want to slip into the speech that I'm gay or that I have a boyfriend, but I'm not sure how to do it or even if it's a good idea..

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated ^^

2. TB8

TB8

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you could if your brave enough to do that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: it sounds like you have a alot of pride in yourself cause if it were me i wouldnt want to come out in class i would just make something up like "im helpful":roflmao: well thats just me but if you really want to its your choice if you do that i think it'll show that you are brave and hopefully all of them will accept you :newcolor:i think you should it will show so much courage:eusa_clap

3. AlexisAnne

Wow. I certainly applaud your ambition and your courage. Not something I would have been able to bring myself to do in school. If you feel you're ready, than I think it's great. It'll definitely give others the impression that you're comfortable and at ease with yourself. If it were me, rather than focus on throwing, "I'm gay" into the speech, I would mention that I had a boyfriend, and I wouldn't linger on it, if that makes sense. Just slip it into the speech like it's no big deal. If they're not expecting it, they might not even realize what you've said until the speech is over.

Something like, "Hi, I'm so and so, something brief about hobbies or interests, I have a wonderful boyfriend (or something of the like) and maybe finish with something about your family. It has the benefit of getting your point across without making it the center of attention, and kind of just slipping it out there.

Of course that's just one suggestion. Ultimately, how and whether you do this is up to you.

If You do decide to include being gay in your speech in some form or another, please let us know how it goes. I am so going to be thinking about you and your speech now! :slight_smile:

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can slip it out by saying something like "I am an outdoorsman who likes spending time hiking, camping out with my boyfriend, and riding our dirt bikes through mud bogs", which gets the message out as an incidental part of your personality, which in reality is what it is.