1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight male with lots of feminine qualities

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HighNote, Jan 11, 2014.

1. HighNote

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi everybody, this is my first post here I've been confused about my gender for awhile lately. Let me clear up a few things, first of all I am a male attracted to females. I am comfortable with my male body and I have no plans on changing anything about myself anatomically. I really just wanted to share my experiences and personality and see if there is anyone here who has been through something similar.
    I have always known that I am sensitive and not as masculine as most other men. I have always liked cute and colorful things. I frequently use emoticons and just have an all around "giddy" personality. I enjoy musicals, especially sappy emotional ones, and I like a lot of music that is labeled "feminine". I like talking about my feelings almost to a fault, and I cry a lot when thinking about emotional topics. I would probably do these things a lot more, and in front of people were they considered socially acceptable. I often feel as though I have to "man up" in order to keep up appearances with the rest of the world. To be perfectly honest I feel like there is an inner girly girl inside of me. My last girlfriend told me many times that I should have been born a girl, and there are times when I wish that was true. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with being a male, I just wish society didn't have so many male expectations placed on me.
    I have lately been experimenting online with more feminine personalities. I will go on forums and social network sites impersonating a cute girl, just as an excuse to be more girly and talk to people in a way that I normally couldn't. I don't get sexual when I do this, although I sometimes get flirty...apparently my inner girl is a bit of an attention whore.
    Has anyone else been through this? If so, what do you recommend as far as dealing and coping in my normal male life? Like I said before, I am completely 100% straight and in fact I tend to prefer dating women who are also very girly and giddy...but unfortunately most of those types of girls go for the "opposites attract" mentality and choose more masculine men.

2. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm gay and quite boring so I cannot say that I have been in your shoes. However, I would just like to say that in my opinion you should not change who you are or act in a way that is uncomfortable for the sake of anyone else. I also think that you shouldn't just assume that 'giddy and girly' women automatically go for the more 'masculine' men, I'm sure there is a woman out there who is looking for someone just like you. Also, you can be masculine and in touch with your sensitive side, just because you show emotion doesn't mean that you cant also use power tools and work on cars or whatever you think as macho. being a man isn't about being as stoic as a rock and never crying. Its about being confident in yourself and showing others that you are confident in yourself.