1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want to come out... but I have a girlfriend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mat996, Jan 11, 2014.

1. mat996

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi :slight_smile:
    I'm 17 years old and I'm from Slovenia (central Europe), so my english won't be perfect.
    And I'm new here :slight_smile:
    I think I'm probably gay, but not 100%. I just can't live with everybody saying to me things like: "Hey, this girl is so hot, isn't she?!" :eusa_doh: I'm attracted to guys, not girls! But in some way I like girls as friends: pretty much all of my friends are girls :confused:
    I always felt that something in me wasn't like in the other guys. I never understood why men are so mad about women :eusa_doh: Some weeks ago I watched some coming out videos on youtube and I saw that people seemed happy. Then I thought about it. Would I be happy? Yes I would! Now I feel like I can't be myself, and I'm afraid that everything will change. So I haven't come out to nobody yet.
    And there's another problem: I have a girlfriend! And I'm just getting tired of this. I think I never really loved her in a physical way... It was just to try to be straight, but of course I can't change myself. We live 150 km from each other, so we don't meet often. In the last month, we just met twice! I don't know what to do... Should I tell her? Or should I just break up with her and then one day come out to people? What will she think if I do this? Probably she would think I was not honest with her... that wouldn't be nice for her. :icon_sad: because I care about her, we've been together for 4 months.
    She is coming today, so I would like to tell her this evening or tomorrow. What do you think? How should I begin? What should I say? :help:
    And sorry for being so long :slight_smile:

2. Im Just Me

Be honest with her. Just tell her you've been confused and unsure and interpreted your feelings for her wrong (or whatever it was you feel happened) and that you have come to realize you are actually gay.

It'll be hard, but it's best for both of you, definitely.

3. mat996

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for your advice! (*hug*)
    I'll tell her. I hope she'll understand :slight_smile:

4. biggayguy

Best wishes, man! I hope things work out for you.(*hug*)

5. jvn95

I was 17 (just a year ago) went I came out and I also had a girlfriend.

My advice is to at least not lie to her and keep up something that won't work.

How you do it and what you do are up to you.

I hope everything is amazing and that you find your happy you saw on youtube :slight_smile:

6. mat996

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks to everyone for the support :slight_smile: