1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does she ask me who calls her??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lolo sime, Jun 28, 2008.

1. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :rolleyes:
    My friend (Lara) some times text me and ask me what this number that called her. more than once. i text her: why dont you call it.
    she relpy "good point". i reply "well duh there is no point asking me". i just dont get it??
    and she sometimes text me about her job early in the moring. i ask her why she does that is because she is bored.:confused::tantrum:

2. Uncertain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Um, I don't think there's anything wrong with that - quite simply she meant what she asked - do you know that number? She probably missed the call and was just wondering who the person was - so she texted you wondering if you know the person, especially if it costs a lot to call in where you live and she doesn't want to call the person back. It could also be weird to call back a number she doesn't know, so she asks if you knew the number.

And um, I don't see the point of texting you early in the morning if she's bored. I mean, if she's not bored and busy with something else then she would be a lot less likely to be texting you. So it makes sense to me...

I really think it's no big deal. If you're implying she's trying to get your attention all the time, maybe. If you're implying she likes your attention, maybe - and if she does - feel flattered. If you're implying she likes you, probably not, because I see this as just what a friend might do with another friend.

3. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well my other friend thinks its a little odd. and i just wanted to understand why she does it. she did say that she wants to piss me off because its fun. but to me was fun but now i just get confused. i like her but she doesnt like me. so i just trying to understand why she does it. she doesnt have a reason why she does she just does it...

4. Uncertain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Does she know you like her? That could be a different story then. Sometimes straight people (or simply people who know that you like them), like the attention of people who have crushes on them, even though they might not feel the same way back. They don't want a relationship, but they could like the attention and want you to keep liking them.

Know what I mean?

#4 Uncertain, Jun 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  5. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yes she knows i like her. she is confused of her sexuality. but i she doesnt like me. that why i am annoyed i dont want to be used!

6. Uncertain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, don't be a toy. If you're pretty damn sure she doesn't like you... best bet is to get over her. If she wants something let her come to you. Don't wait for her and be toyed around with because you're worth more than that.

7. Trumpetplyer23

I've had this happen to me many times. I have a cell phone and quite a few of my friends don't, so I let them use it. When I look through my call history I think "who the hell is [insert number here]".

But seriously, best bet, get over her. I know it's easier said than done, trust me, but in order to move on with your life and maybe even find a gf/bf, you need to get over her.

And if you feel she is using you, tell her so. Friendships are give/take relationships on both ends. You give, she takes. She gives, you take. If it ends up being where you're doing all the giving, then you need to evaluate the friendship and figure out if you want to keep it or not.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like this girl isn't doing you any good. I don't say that she ISN'T any good, but you always seem confused and torn and unhappy whenever you talk about her. How about hanging around people you can actually be happy and yourself around?

Lex

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I agree with the above. Maybe try being together with other friends more often where you (as Lex said) can be happy and yourself. It's an odd way in going about a friendship. I would suggest try talking to her and say to her that she should stop with it. If she is a true friend she will understand that.