1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would you?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jami13llp1993, Jan 13, 2014.

1. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm bisexual and I think my parents and sister would be fine with it maybe? But I'm still worried I've decided that I'd only come out if I were dating a girl and it was serious my question is do you think it's weird/cowardly/wrong that I don't think it's nessessary that bisexual people come out unless they are in a relationship with the opposite sex?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing wrong about it is the bit where you use this phrase " I don't think it's nessessary that bisexual people come out " which I have mixed feelings about. For you that's fine, nothing wrong with that at all, I just don't like it appied to anyone else...however until I've figured out WHY that is, you'll have to ignore my comment!

3. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know it's cowardly but I feel like if you are bisexual it's ok to keep it to yourself unless you become invoked with the same sex it's just I've seen how cruel people can be and to those people being bisexual hard to explain or defend I think coming out is a personal choice for everyone I'm comfortable with all lgbtq community and I'm just a private person I guess and fear what people will do and say

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not cowardly, it's understandable, some people are awful...just as long as you're not doing it because you're ashamed of it or something...

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are in a "straight" monogamous stabile relationship, and not looking for a same sex relationship, then *I* don't see any reason to come out publicly, but if you contemplate marriage, it would be a good idea to be honest with your partner/spouse about who you are, so that they can understand you, and not be freaked out if your feelings or intensity on the gay side change later. It is more about honesty than orientation. If you avoid the honesty/betrayal issues, the other problems will be much easier to handle in a civil manner if things change later and you need to separate. The person will understand you for who you are, not a strictly straight image you are portraying to the general public by being married.

6. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong if anybody (gay, lesbian, bisexual, whatever) didn't want to come out. Coming out is personal preference. It's really all based on how happy you are going to be. If you are going to feel guilty everyday for not telling your family/friends/husband, then maybe not coming out isn't your best option. However, if you think you can be genuinely happy (notice the "genuinely") the rest of your life living as a closeted bisexual (or gay or lesbian), then I don't see any problem with it IMO. Take that with a grain of salt though.