1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psh...MEN!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justbeingme, Jun 28, 2008.

1. justbeingme

ok, I need some Dr. Phil / Montel quality advice.

So I(16 in July) finally hung out with this guy(just turned 15) I know at the mall for about an hour, toward the end, he asked if I was a virgin, and was completely surprised when he discovered that I am indeed 100% extra virgin olive oil.

Then about two weeks later, he came over to my house for about 45 dull minutes before we walked to a cafe about a block from my house. He got some coffee and then we sat down in a secluded section and he kissed me. My first kiss. :kiss: It was amazing. :eusa_danc On the way home, we kissed on two seperate occasions, once in the park and again on the sidewalk my the river by my house.

So then I go to my moms house for a week and while im there, he tells me to call him at a certain time on a certain day to make sure he wasnt doing anything and could talk. Well I call and he doesnt talk to me but barely because he is playing uno with his sister. Then he goes to my friend and says that he likes me and all, but I dont talk that much, and he (I quote) "needs COMMUNICATION".

I really like him and I know he likes me back, but ARGH!!! what do I do!!!:bang:

2. mUsIcFrEaK92

mUsIcFrEaK92 Guest

Well start talkin!

3. justbeingme

I do talk!!!!! its just sometimes the conversation just dies because I ask him something or say something and he comes up with nothing and vice versa.

4. lovekh2

lovekh2 Guest

Hmm yeah I'd just say just try to talk with him more. If you guys have that awkward silence try to think of something quick to talk about like the presidential elections or something thats going on in the world or tell him a story or two about your life. By no time, you guys should be having major inside jokes and having fun with each other.

5. justbeingme

Well, I cant talk current events / politics with him because thats why he broke up with the guy I know him through, cause he just isnt into that sort of thing.

and tell him what!! I live in Kansas, and there is nothing exciting in Kansas.

6. Étoile

Start the talking buddy!

He needs to know that you want to be in a relationship with him and accidental distance between you and him isn't not the way to go. About the time you called him, it could have been he forgot you were calling and got caught up with his family to talk to you. That doesn't mean you should give up calling him, just try again. Bonne chance! :thumbsup:

7. Grantious

he he he cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yea there's no way of forcing it just go with the flow.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If you have trouble talking to somebody this early in the relationship its not going to go anywhere anyway. If there is a real connection with somebody, you will find it very easy to talk to them. The words will flow easily. You can talk to them for hours and it will seem like minutes. That's my two cents.

9. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hey I don't want to be all pessimistic but I really have to agree with Becky. Relationships really are built on communication - most problems arrise from lack of communication and it is essential if relationships are going anywhere. I think this can be said for any type of relationship. If you cannot talk/communicate with the other person without a great deal of awkwardness it isn't working/going to work very well.

10. -Michael-

yer... I also agree with becky...
    if there is a spark there... The silence wouldn't be awkward.
    Byt if you really really like him.
    simple talk to him about it

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me dissent here. The guy tells you "Call me at THIS time, on THIS day, to see if I can talk." You do, he says he can't, because he's playing Uno with his sister. Look, I like my sister great, and I'm even a fan of Uno, but even if I had a hand full of Wild/Draw Fours, I'd at the very least say "Can I call you back once we wrap this up?" And then he says he doesn't like you because he needs communication? You attempted to communicate with him, and he told you he'd rather play cards with his family.

To put it simply, this doesn't bode well. He sounds like he's got some rather unrealistic expectations from his would-be boyfriends. Feel free to call him and ask him to hang out sometime, but I have a feeling he's gonna be the one putting up hoops and expecting you to jump through them.

Lex

12. justbeingme

Well, what Becky said makes alot of sense, and I agree with Lex about the hoops thing, but I hope it doesn't happen that way. He's coming over to my house and if its the same way, then ill just move on

sigh

13. josephaustin92

Try talking and when those aweful silent moments come up say something completely random to get the conversation back up and going. It could be something as random and 'hey look at that leaf it looks like a watermelon.' just as long as it gives something to talk about.

Good Luck...

14. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Awww hun, good luck! All I can advice you is that if you really feel that the little thing that you guys are trying to make, a relationship, ain't going to last long, is better to back off and move on. Just be wise on your decisions and take care of yourself if he is coming to your house (or the other way around)

15. SRSLYMARK

I often have this same problem. Asking questions is the best way to jump-start a conversation. Idk how well you know this guy, but regardless, I'm sure there's SOMETHING about him that you don't know, and may want to know. What does he want to be when he grows up? What's his favorite band? Favorite color? Just ask him something, anything, and let the conversation flow from there.

If that doesn't work, you may want to just move on. Obviously, if there's nothing to talk about, there's no relationship, so high-tail it the moment you think you've hit another roadblock.